dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update:

I believe I mentioned a while ago I was planning on building a new sump. Well after many, many attempts at the fine art of acrylic fabrication, I came to the conclusion there is no way on earth I was ever going to trust myself to build something that holds that much water! I ended up purchasing a Trigger Systems 36" elite and will be using that instead.

But since I do not give up easily, I kept at it with an attempt to build a new ATO reservoir. I think I finally got the hang of it and finished it up. I put some angled baffles in it for added support, albeit likely not necessary. Here's a couple shots of the project. Next step is to block out a couple days to make the transfer from the old converted 55g sump to my new set up.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little update:

I believe I mentioned a while ago I was planning on building a new sump. Well after many, many attempts at the fine art of acrylic fabrication, I came to the conclusion there is no way on earth I was ever going to trust myself to build something that holds that much water! I ended up purchasing a Trigger Systems 36" elite and will be using that instead.

But since I do not give up easily, I kept at it with an attempt to build a new ATO reservoir. I think I finally got the hang of it and finished it up. I put some angled baffles in it for added support, albeit likely not necessary. Here's a couple shots of the project. Next step is to block out a couple days to make the transfer from the old converted 55g sump to my new set up.

I'm not all jealous not even a little!:rolleyes:

We should do a discovery channel style build off with all the talent in R2R it would be something to watch and the bragging rights (a temporary position of ascendancy in a closely contested rivalry) would be something!
@revhtree

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not all jealous not even a little!:rolleyes:

And Alex, I added the third baffle to the sump per your instructions!!!

We should do a discovery channel style build off with all the talent in R2R it would be something to watch and the bragging rights (a temporary position of ascendancy in a closely contested rivalry) would be something! @revhtree

Love it, but no way I'm competing. There are so many uber talented people on this site, I would not want to embarrass myself trying to compete!

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Alex, I added the third baffle to the sump per your instructions!!!
How did it work out?
Love it, but no way I'm competing. There are so many uber talented people on this site, I would not want to embarrass myself trying to compete!
Your kidding right, I mean that thing shows you got what it takes... Never sell yourself short!;)

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it work out?

Went in just fine but I haven't tested it yet. Nor have I tested the ATO box either. I'm letting it cure for a week before filling.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new sump! I don't think you need to let the ATO box cure for a week. Having worked in an acrylic aquarium fabrication shop for a short while you just glue and let it cure for a couple hour and then work it. It's a chemical reaction so your good to go IMO.[emoji106]

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work on the sump/new ATO.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot the lid...lol. Last thing is to drill some access holes for ATO pump and hose.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, 30+ hours ago I filled the newly made ATO reservoir with 0 TDS, RO/DI water to test it out. Filled it outside and threw the lid on it. Well I'm happy to say no leaks, no bowing, and still reading 0 TDS. I'll let it sit for another couple days but I am optimistic at this point that it's going to hold water. Hopefully I just didn't jinx myself...lol.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, 30+ hours ago I filled the newly made ATO reservoir with 0 TDS, RO/DI water to test it out. Filled it outside and threw the lid on it. Well I'm happy to say no leaks, no bowing, and still reading 0 TDS. I'll let it sit for another couple days but I am optimistic at this point that it's going to hold water. Hopefully I just didn't jinx myself...lol.

Well that is one pretty ATO there Sir!!!!:)

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%

Back