OP
dbl

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. Post up some more recent pics when you have the time.

Thanks.

any latest update?

I need to break out the camera again and do an update. Just been busy with the acrylic project in preparation for the sump swap. Oh, and honey-do list that has nothing to do with aquaria!!!

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i feel your pain. I am in the same situation as you. Thank you very much for sharing.

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outstanding build. Do you still have your Aqua C protein skimmer?

Thanks. I do still have the Aqua C skimmer but it's being replaced with a Bubble King once I ever get around to switching out the sump!

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the performance of the Aqua C? What pump did you use? Is there anything thing you would do different with the skimmer?

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the performance of the Aqua C? What pump did you use? Is there anything thing you would do different with the skimmer?

I've found the old Aqua C works quite well. I ended up using a DC pump I had that allowed me to play with the flow rate to help me get it dialed in. My main complaint with the skimmer is the noise. Other than that, I have no issues with it. I'm switching to the BK because I got a good deal on one and I'm hoping for quieter operation. Time will tell I guess.

lilchris_357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noise??? Oh man u thought they operated pretty quiet. Im asking becasue i just brought one. Got a good deal. Hopefully its bot too noisy. What size pump did you use?

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noise??? Oh man u thought they operated pretty quiet. Im asking becasue i just brought one. Got a good deal. Hopefully its bot too noisy. What size pump did you use?

As I said, I used a DC pump and the setting I have it at is somewhere between 800-900 gph. That is the flow rate that I found to be most effective. Since you bought it and got a good deal, I would recommend giving it a shot. It's not as if it's incredibly loud, it's just the only thing I hear in my system, so I'm probably just being too picky!!!

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm sitting watching the football game when I glance over at the tank. The lights were just about to go out so I grabbed the phone and took a couple pictures. Figured I'd give a quick, pathetic phone picture update to this thread, since it's been forever. Someday I'll get the camera out again.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great! Those SPS are filling in!

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Those SPS are filling in!

Thanks David. The tank has actually been somewhat neglected lately as I've been busy with other projects. But despite myself, things continue to flourish. I only hope I didn't just jinx myself!!!

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you using the vegas still and at what percentage just curious

I am...four of them. To fill your curiosity, I run the blues up to 70%, the whites up to 25%, and the red and green to 10%. Four hour ramp on either end with max light for 7.5 hours. That's the lighting situation...at least for now!

OP
OP
dbl

dbl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been threatening to redo the sump area for nearly a year. Well my son-in-law is in town so this weekend he's going to help me tackle the project.

Going from the mess I currently have - a converted, home made 55g:

To a new TS 36 Elite, along with the home made ATO reservoir from a few posts back. Wish me luck as I'm sure we're going to need it!!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 77.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back