My First Week Experience with the Reef Moonshiners Program

maleshka21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded the handbook and took a look at these. Do most people find a lot of success dosing all of these daily? Just verifying what people are finding all of what's in the handbook as useful and not just a source of income for the seller. Then I'm considering DIY potassium supplement.

1684439034824.png
yes however only the first 4, I don't dose Mud, vanadium is good now took a few months to correct.

hans4811

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents…have a RS250 SPS dominant tank that’s been up for 3.5 yrs. Started the RM program about 2 yrs ago. I will say my corals have grown to the point where it’s becoming an issue…thinking upgrade as fragging is getting difficult. But, on the other hand, never got the crazy colors some talk about.

For me, having to dose 8 bottles manually every day, it’s become a pita, and I’ve become a slave to my tank. Can’t remember the last vacation I took ! The juice isn’t worth the squeeze IMO, so I’m switching over to the DIY AFR products to simplify my life somewhat. Single doser and no more tray of bottles !

I‘ve seen some amazing tanks with this method as well, and NOT having to dose 8 bottles everyday manually is a big plus for me.

Many ways to skin a cat….

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents…have a RS250 SPS dominant tank that’s been up for 3.5 yrs. Started the RM program about 2 yrs ago. I will say my corals have grown to the point where it’s becoming an issue…thinking upgrade as fragging is getting difficult. But, on the other hand, never got the crazy colors some talk about.

For me, having to dose 8 bottles manually every day, it’s become a pita, and I’ve become a slave to my tank. Can’t remember the last vacation I took ! The juice isn’t worth the squeeze IMO, so I’m switching over to the DIY AFR products to simplify my life somewhat. Single doser and no more tray of bottles !

I‘ve seen some amazing tanks with this method as well, and NOT having to dose 8 bottles everyday manually is a big plus for me.

Many ways to skin a cat….
Appreciate hearing another side of the shine. I started last Saturday with just the dailies while I waited for my icp to come back. I have started to see colors coming back on acros that had gotten pale. To early to tell how it’s going to go long term but enjoying the minute control I’m having over the tank at this point.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I on the other hand have had insane coloration and growth. I was so skeptical of this program when I first started. Didn’t see much change for the first couple of months and then suddenly wham. It’s like someone flipped the coral coloration light on. I also don’t like being a slave to the required dosing regiment, but I’m willing to be that slave given the comments I get from people that come over and see the tank. They say the corals have such intense colors they think the corals are fake! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I on the other hand have had insane coloration and growth. I was so skeptical of this program when I first started. Didn’t see much change for the first couple of months and then suddenly wham. It’s like someone flipped the coral coloration light on. I also don’t like being a slave to the required dosing regiment, but I’m willing to be that slave given the comments I get from people that come over and see the tank. They say the corals have such intense colors they think the corals are fake! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
looked on your build thread for these colors, do you have any before and afters???

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back