My first zoas ! Rasta frag

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a 4 polyp frag from a local reefer , really excited to see them open up. Their Rastas , wanted something really colorful for my 1st
20210127_155631.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oldsman

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. My first zoas were eagle eyes. Just got a 2 polyp rasta frag last week. Took about 2 days for them to open up
Thanks ! I was looking at eagle eyes , ended up buying these and a pair of Mandarin orange polyps too. I have scramble eggs, and purple hearts coming Friday

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay ill have to get some and give it a soak. I was so excited when it arrived I didn't look it over...new to zoas . Thanks I appreciate tip
Yea you don’t want to import pests into your tank and I can see them on that picture. It’s amazing what you cant see with your naked eyes. I bought 10 new zoa today that all looked like they were on brand new frag plugs and after dipping my bowl was filled with worms/pods/etc.

OP
OP
Oldsman

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use iodine from drug store and mix about color of ice tea ive read ? I have a few more coming from tsa so I'll be ready
Thanks again

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use iodine from drug store and mix about color of ice tea ive read ? I have a few more coming from tsa so I'll be ready
Thanks again
You can use medical iodine, but most people will recommend a coral product. I use reef dip coz it’s what was available locally. Bayer insect killer is also popular. I’d recommend reading about coral dipping because it’s no fun to get a new coral that has something on it that eats 2/3rds of your tank. There’s exceptions to this that I will break my own rules for. If I’m buying acros from a reputable vendor I don’t dip those because it stresses them, or if I’m familiar with the vendors process. But cheap coral from local places or hobbiests *****ALWAYS DIP****.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back