My fish eat Brocolli

Dog Boy Dave

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2011
Messages
219
Reaction score
29
Location
Tallahassee Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep a bag of it frozen in the freezse. Microwave it long enough to thaw. Chop stems in legth so hey stay together but are alittle easier to break up and drop it in. Every one loves it. They eat lots.
[video=youtube;bRl0j3_-puE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl0j3_-puE[/video]
[video=youtube;LUpFNQrebbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpFNQrebbM[/video]
 
Awesome Dave! Watching the vids again now!

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO
 
Seems like the fish coloration and health is really really good. anyone or OP can provide more nutrition on broccoli for fish?
 
Broccoli is rich in vitamin C I don't see why it cant hurt fish need their vitamins just like us. At least nobody in ur tank will catch a cold.
 
Broccoli is rich in vitamin C I don't see why it cant hurt fish need their vitamins just like us. At least nobody in ur tank will catch a cold.

Terrestrial vegetables can be very difficult for fish to digest due to the cellulose, so you're much better off with something like nori.

Also, it's been shown in studies that vitamin C does nothing to prevent the common cold ;)
 
Terrestrial vegetables can be very difficult for fish to digest due to the cellulose, so you're much better off with something like nori.

Also, it's been shown in studies that vitamin C does nothing to prevent the common cold ;)

Indeed indeed I don't even like using pellets that have veggie protein in them. I didn't know that about vit. C but it does help the immune system being its an antioxidant.


55 gal mixed reef 10 gal SPS Dom.
10 gal nem tank 2 maxi minis 2 rock flower and one sunburst RBTA

Sent from some device using some app
 
Here's a quote from the JUL/AUG edition of CORAL Magazine in the article "Tangs" by Robert Fenner. "I will offer my usual admonition regarding feeding terrestrial vegetation to marine organisms: salad ingredients and grocery produce items have vanishing little food value for our livestock and sometimes deliver surprising concentrations of nutrients and pesticides that we want to avoid."
 
I read in another thread a lady had inquired at her lfs if it was okay that she gave her fish fruit and had already been feeding them all kinds of vegetables (cucumbers, peas, carrots, etc) for some time...
 
Have you tried feeding bannana? I have heard of that as a treat in my local club.
 
I tried the banana for awhile and this was the result...

Monkeyfish.jpg




It was cool at first till he started to throw his P##P at everyone.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new