My fish is swimming on its side what do u do

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help because 3 days ago I got a clownfish and on the 2nd and 3rd he been swimming on his sides for like one hour and stop so what's happening and it's kinda hard for him to swim

Attachments

• 20230806_100832.mp4
    9.5 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I need help because 3 days ago I got a clownfish and on the 2nd and 3rd he been swimming on his sides for like one hour and stop so what's happening and it's kinda hard for him to swim
This appears as a newly setup, non-cycled tank which is cloudy and substrate appears muddy in appearance. Was the sand rinsed?
Age of tank?
Did you acclimate fish prior to release and for how long?
What is your salt level?
What is ammonia level?

What filters are you using ?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know I don't know and no gt tank
Your first step is to get a test kit, its extremely important, we don't know if the water is safe for fish without test kits. If you can't tell us anything, even though we want to help, unfortunately its hard to help with no info at all.

the next step is to do some reading, research is a big part of this hobby: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.138750/
Please do a little reading before buying any more fish. Your fish will thank you for it.

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This appears as a newly setup, non-cycled tank which is cloudy and substrate appears muddy in appearance. Was the sand rinsed?
Age of tank?
Did you acclimate fish prior to release and for how long?
What is your salt level?
What is ammonia level?

What filters are you using ?
Salt level 10.022 don't know Ammonia one week and 3 or four days I added sand yesterday and hade the fish for 3 days

trapphd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, you should return the fish (asap) to the shop you bought it from. You posted a separate thread yesterday about the clown not eating. The tank isn't cycled and clearly isn't ready for any inhabitants, and you should do a fair amount of research and reading before adding anything else in the future. Sorry to say, but as it stands now, the clown is probably going to get worse and worse if you don't remove it.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Trapphd said. The aquarium is not ready for animals yet. Take the fish back to the store, or it will most likely die. Let it cycle first, it will take a while. Buy SeaChem's Stabilize or something like that to seed the tank with beneficial bacteria, throw in a piece of shrimp and let nature do its thing. And also, Clowns are pretty social, I wouldn't just get one, buy them in even numbers.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Salt level 10.022 don't know Ammonia one week and 3 or four days I added sand yesterday and hade the fish for 3 days
1.022 is too low as you want 1.024 and if adding sand, best to have rinsed or prepped tank better before adding any livestock. Others mentioned returning fish- I support that. Tank is immature and not quite ready and I forgot to ask what size tank and if has overflows or hang on filter as I suspect a regular box tank that is non-reef ready and will need some adjustments and cycling.
How long and how did you cycle the tank?

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, you should return the fish (asap) to the shop you bought it from. You posted a separate thread yesterday about the clown not eating. The tank isn't cycled and clearly isn't ready for any inhabitants, and you should do a fair amount of research and reading before adding anything else in the future. Sorry to say, but as it stands now, the clown is probably going to get worse and worse if you don't remove it.
First I did cycle for like 2 weeks then I got him and accumulated but the first week of the cycle I put beneficial bacteria in it then one week layer I got him

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.022 is too low as you want 1.024 and if adding sand, best to have rinsed or prepped tank better before adding any livestock. Others mentioned returning fish- I support that. Tank is immature and not quite ready and I forgot to ask what size tank and if has overflows or hang on filter as I suspect a regular box tank that is non-reef ready and will need some adjustments and cycling.
2 weeks 7 gallon tank I just got the salt level to 10.025

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks 7 gallon tank I just got the salt level to 10.0
First I did cycle for like 2 weeks then I got him and accumulated but the first week of the cycle I put beneficial bacteria in it then one week layer I got him
And I woke up today and he stop swimming on his side he is swimming normal now

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He swimming normal now

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
N

nemo98620

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He swimming normal now

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad your fish is doing better, but he's been through a lot. Its a great hobby, but takes some preparation, please do some reading, and get some rocks in your tank, get some different food choices, and get some test kits. And please don't put another fish in that tank, its too small. Good luck

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back