Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

sorry for the delay... was offline this weekend :D

its prob. about 3cm x 8cm... very massive and expensive (at least here in Switzerland)
but I got that from a friend for free. That is why I thought about building up this thank.
Since I finally found a solution for the hidden support.

The support lasts from the one side to the other.
I dont have all weight puntual on the glass. When you see prev. pics in this threath you see like a massive base on the left side.
I built that around the support"pillar"sort of thing to avoid punctual weight.
On the other side you dont see the pillar to hold the support, that one is hidden inside the overflow chamber.
Some of you know the Elos Aquarium System. I had space to fit in the pillar there so its invisible.

Unfortunatly I do not have long therm experience with this tank.
I moved house and just shut down that tank 2 weeks ago.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great but I am an old fashion Aquarist. I am not there with the floating reef thing yet. I am in the process of setting up my new custom SC150 RIMLESS. I prefer the old school looking style. A nice show pcs in the middle and some good old fashion TONGA BRANCH reef rock for some extra little canons and crevices in the corners of the 150. Not a big fan of a lot of live rock in a fish tank, due to the fact, there is normally bad circulation and massive detritus build up under on top of your liverock.

TANK INFO: Custom SC-150 RIMLESS:
SYNERGY 20'' EXTERNAL OVERFLOW / M1 EchTech / Skimz / brs Reactor / Aqua UV / Apex Controller / Santa Monica Scrubber

IMG_5976.JPG

A Scott Here

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose you tank have two bottom pieces of glass on it? Was wondering why all the silicon dots on the bottom?

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose you tank have two bottom pieces of glass on it? Was wondering why all the silicon dots on the bottom?
@Lunulata, @A Scott Here , Those little circles disc with holes those are just frag holders there probably printed in a 3d printer in order to make the molds down. For my center custom hand made pcs - the only thing I am aloud to say that the material is a form of Epoxy Putty that is totally 100% reef save and I have data sheets to back it up! It took me over a year to figure out which matieral I can use in my tank I instead of man made Agrocrete which is complete garbage and will leach Phosphates back into your tank, I don't care how long you try to cure and can still happen vs my show pcs which has a zero curing process to it. Here is a better picture of the 3 different pcs i have,.

150 w: show pcs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lunulata

Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lunulata, @A Scott Here , Those little circles disc with holes those are just frag holders there probably printed in a 3d printer in order to make the molds down. For my center custom hand made pcs - the only thing I am aloud to say that the material is a form of Epoxy Putty that is totally 100% reef save and I have data sheets to back it up! It took me over a year to figure out which matieral I can use in my tank I instead of man made Agrocrete which is complete garbage and will leach Phosphates back into your tank, I don't care how long you try to cure and can still happen vs my show pcs which has a zero curing process to it. Here is a better picture of the 3 different pcs i have,.

150 w: show pcs.jpg

i think we are talking about this, arent we?

4D47F62E-D5E8-4956-A7F8-A7B22F06765D.jpeg

ArowanaLover1902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you hadn't (planted, placed, added? whats the verb [could it be corraled?]) a single coral it would still look awesome. The architecture on the rockwork is amazing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back