20220126_092127.jpg
20220126_092108.jpg
20220126_092042.jpg

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% torches on the top? Are you planning on a few big torches or just alot of little ones? The way mine split and grow they wouldn't get 4 heads in before that water line would become a problem for flow and anything under them.

Looks neat though, all the best

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pressure is put on the acrylic mounting plate, and that is very large and spread out over a wide area, the scape is also very light.
I'd be afraid of too much torque on the glass panel myself, but I know nothing so sure you considered that and verified it'll be OK (somehow).

Looks awesome!

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% torches on the top? Are you planning on a few big torches or just alot of little ones? The way mine split and grow they wouldn't get 4 heads in before that water line would become a problem for flow and anything under them.

Looks neat though, all the best

Already working on lowering the scape by a good 3 inches or so, miscalculated the cleat location. Easy fix tho with no major work to lower it.

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be afraid of too much torque on the glass panel myself, but I know nothing so sure you considered that and verified it'll be OK (somehow).

Looks awesome!
Most if not all the torque is on the acrylic plates that the scape hangs from, very little pressure on the glass, and any pressure is spread across a wide area.

OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate fake purple turd rock but that looks nice. Had to look it up... they use molds of real tonga rock so make sense why it doesn't look like poo.
Yeah, I had a bad experience with I believe caribsea "Tonga" was basically overpriced concrete dildos.

Jgoal55

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome job! This looks amazing.

one suggestion: I would consider maybe adding a small rock island on the sand for a nem or a ricordea/zoa garden, etc. I think it’ll also add depth of field. but man, I’m just saying that to say something.

all in all, looks amazing.

I went with a “floating” aqua scape as well inspired by Wesley’s reef. I’m not the best DIYer anymore so had it built by Pristine Rocks here in SoFla.

D1347731-03B2-4BC2-AF6E-957B3430B8CA.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WDKegge

WDKegge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome job! This looks amazing.

one suggestion: I would consider maybe adding a small rock island on the sand for a nem or a ricordea/zoa garden, etc. I think it’ll also add depth of field. but man, I’m just saying that to say something.

all in all, looks amazing.

I went with a “floating” aqua scape as well inspired by Wesley’s reef. I’m not the best DIYer anymore so had it built by Pristine Rocks here in SoFla.

D1347731-03B2-4BC2-AF6E-957B3430B8CA.jpeg

I was already actually planning on that! Ideally I would love a small rock with a csb at the front right of the tank, I'm not a huge fan of nems tho due to their lack of ability to stay in place. I was also considering a nice showpiece clam in that spot as well. Your tank looks awesome!

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's siliconed to the back glass.
i like the concept of the design. I've done a lot of floating reef in a smaller scale between 10-30g but never want to attempt on a bigger scale over 80g. it looks good, imo i would add a small support on the bottom with acrylic rod(between the rock and the bottom back of tank) and disguise it later with corals to help support the weight. sylicone doesn't stick well to acrylic in my experience.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 75 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.1%
Back