My GHL down?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t log on to my P4 and my P4 shows it’s not connected to MyGHL. Been like this for a few hours.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I’ll keep troubleshooting. Already reboot everything.
Weird, I reboot my P4 a second time. Now it works.
How does this just randomly need to get reboot to fix software issues... That’s more a rhetorical question than anything.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happens to me, a quick reboot of the pc sometimes works, if not then a reboot of p4 works.
Its like having a ZX spectrum all over again only not as much fun.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've mentioned it a few times and will keep doing so, there needs to be a heartbeat function to send you a notification when connection is lost to the GHL servers.

You don't want to find out you don't have a connection when you may need it the most.

I've also had a couple of occasions where I couldn't login to my GHL equipment and had to reboot to fix it. Can't reboot if your not at home.

I think this is the most important function they are missing.

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to abort a water change Saturday because I couldn’t do more than 1 action without having to reconnect.
I need to be able to turn my ato and pumps off and it just wasn’t working

wound up having to unplug and plug in power cords - very frustrating

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the main reason why I haven't fully move to the GHL system. I have a buddy of mine that has the GHL system and he has the same issue... I have currently have the GHL doser 2.0 SA and KHD which I love! but the connectivity issue with these thing are a pain... I figure that maybe it's the wifi module that keeps disconnecting so I hard-wire the unit... same thing... I don't even have it setup to myGHL cuz connectivity is even worse...

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hasn't happened to me in awhile, but I've had it happen a couple of times in the past as well. Could not log in remotely and had to reboot to fix. I still got email/text and the GHL logo was blue indicating all was fine.

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15 minutes today to LOOK at the settings on 1 dosing pump.

Man I wish they would fix this.

Reload buton had to be clicked 5 times - with a solid minute between failures.

And no - it's not my internet - when 6 out of 8 dosing pumps show, click reload then 7 show up, click reload again then all 8 show up etc - this is problem on the GHL side.

I'd pay more money for someone to just make it so I can connect to the &(@*#$'ing equipment I own than I have for the equipment itself.

GHL should be ashamed - this is one area where Neptune is kicking GHLs butt.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down again tonight - got an alarm on my controller and have no idea why cause I can't connect.
I know this has been an ongoing issue for you, but when you say you can't connect, is the GHL light on top Blue or White?
Are you logging in via the app or web page? Have you tried to connect on your local network to the built in wed page?
I would assume when you can't connect, you can still access the P4 via a laptop & GCC.

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue and whit light is on. Can’t access via web or app. 2 completely different web connections. 2 phones, a Mac and a win10 box all exact same behavior.

You can’t connect via wireless directly to P4 when the cloud service is having trouble because it needs to pull from GHL cloud.

The server(s) in Germany keep sending RST packets back.

Sure - I could drag out a laptop and sit on the floor tethered to the controller with the 2’ cable they give you and use gcc. Not something I should need to do to click a button telling the controller my ATO reservoir has been refilled.

BTW - it’s still not functional as of this morning.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the P4 have a hot-spot set up? If so can you connect using app? Can you connect to the hot-spot using GCC?
Currently I am not having an issue connecting with either the app or from my work desk top.

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a local problem - this is a problem coming from myghl.com - see below.

Continuous RSTs, packets out of order etc etc.

This is a SMALL snippet of the pcap from 1 failed connection attempt to myghl. MyGHL comes up, you can login, then you can login again, then you click on your controller and the problems start.

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.27.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 7.22.34 AM.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back