My goby just keeps jumping! Why?

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond watchman goby, had him for a couple of weeks and he’s in a 10 gallon quarantine tank with 2 clowns and a coral beauty. This is the first time he’s been doing this and I don’t know why but I’m glad I actually stay up till midnight because if not I would’ve woken to a dead fish lol. Anyway all the fish get along and the angel is sleeping and the clowns are no really bothering anyone. There kind of sleeping but I’m not sure.

The ONLY thing that could cause this maybe is the hang on back filter because it can vibrate a LOT. So I’m not sure. There’s no cat or dogs or anything that would spook it and he isn’t a jumper when I come to putting my hand in or anything. This all doesn’t make sense to me so hopefully you have an answer.

right now he is fully concealed in a breeder box with a cardboard box on top so for now hes fine. Any knowledge that could help me find the cause of this very random behavior would be appreciated!

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also he did this about 4-5 times before he got successfully. I have a lid but it was just a plastic egg crate thing that he slipped through.

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s probably a hitchhiker in your tank that is spooking him out.
Unfortunately the tank had a whole display tank a while back with with velvet and that’s a lot of fish and velvet for a 10 gallon but it’s velvet so I was desperate. So you think that some how velvet came back and it’s bugging him?? I’m running copper so I wouldn’t think so.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back