My home 21 feet long concrete aquarium

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations and best wishes. Looking forward to following along and future updates. Do you have a hopeful estimate of completion?

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Rob

Fantastic plans. Thanks for sharing. I am started a concret tank too. The building burns down a few weeks before finishing. I will start rebuild maybe this year.

I planed with Abyzz flow pumps AfC 400 Watt. For your tank I think the 1200 Watt will be better. Here are some funny pictures from the internet.

FB_IMG_1605764684515.jpg FB_IMG_1605764677736.jpg

In my old 5500 liter tank I work with 4 Panta Rhei ECM 63. But Panta Rhei have no flow pumps in that size. Abyzz is in my area. I drive just one hour there. With my few Abyzz pumps I have never had any problems.

What is your plan?

Greetings from Germany
Torben

Last edited:

Modest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoi Rob, were are you located in Belgium? I’m from Beerse.

Best of luck with your project!

Achilles Torben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why choose something else when there's Abyzz?
Durability is very important. Even when your aquarium is small or big.

I would go with AFC 400.

I hope we can waterproof the inside and place the glass panel in first quarter of next year.
Panta Rhei is also 1 hour away, also Deltec. Royal Exclusive is far away. 3 hours ;)

blitzkragz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Really aweosme! Your build has been consuming my thoughts the last couple days. Are you specifically facing the aquarium south? If so, I did some CAD modelling, and it looks this time of year through February, there will be no direct sunlight hitting the bottom of the tank, just the back wall. You can see it in the video at 0:57 where the light falls minus the window. This is uncharted territory for pretty much all of us except Eli, what kind of PAR do you think the tank gets without direct light?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back