My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my alk is really stable, noticed that i dosed nitrates and my alk consumption went down a bit. kinda strange, but interesting results.

alk pic 2.PNG

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes my salifert and alkatronic results are basically the same.

That's what you want. Now you have a set-it-and-forget-it (almost besides calibration) solution. Keep doing what you are doing to keep it that way and have the Alkatronic fix anything for you or if you consumption increases and it starts dosing, then you can use it to adjust your regular regime and keep on trucking.

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what you want. Now you have a set-it-and-forget-it (almost besides calibration) solution. Keep doing what you are doing to keep it that way and have the Alkatronic fix anything for you or if you consumption increases and it starts dosing, then you can use it to adjust your regular regime and keep on trucking.
what is happening now, what i noticed that the extra no3 is effecting alk consumption, wonder what the science behind that is?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is happening now, what i noticed that the extra no3 is effecting alk consumption, wonder what the science behind that is?

Your guess is as good as mine. I noticed that when I did certain maintenance that my alk readings would swing (not a mistake in measurements either from the Alkatronic). Sandbeds are the devil and I no longer have one in my tank(s).

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

First run, pump C vibrates like this? Doesn't look right to me.
You guys pump acts like this?

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did that fix it? Mine doesn't sound like that either. I am sure that you can reach out to CoralVue and let them know. Also @JonasRoman can likely get you squared away.

Yes Jonas was very helpful on Facebook. Working now. Btw I need to ask, is it wifi compatible?

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Jonas was very helpful on Facebook. Working now. Btw I need to ask, is it wifi compatible?
its all in the manual, the app on your phone is not wifi compatible, but they have a cloud where you can see the results, I suggested they make a web app to get rid of supporting two operating systems android and apple.

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before using the Alkatronic I need to dose kalk twice a day.
But after I use the alkatronic I had stop dosing kalk for 1 week already.
But the PH still climb up slowly.
Shall I leave it or bring down the PH?

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most people never have to think about lowering pH, it's usually all about raising it. What sort of influences are occurring on your tank that would cause the pH to go up? There is a direct relationship to alkalinity and pH as a result of the amount of co2 present. Are you aerating your water and surrounding tank room fresh air, or have you recently installed a co2 scrubber? I'm not aware of any reason pH should run away without some sort of influence.

Randy Holmes-Farley wrote a few articles about pH and the reef tank, one of which discusses co2 solutions and their effect on ph.

Sherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My PH is always low and before adding the alkatronic I had add air into the sump, added co2 scrubber and the PH is still low. So I had to add kalk twice a day together with air and co2 scrubber in order for the PH to maintain above 7.7.
After the addition of Alkatronic last week PH start to move upward. So I stop dosing the kalk. But I still see the PH climbing up . Maybe it will take some time before it stablise

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back