OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure this has been discussed can I use my Neptune’s dos. To dose alkalinity to make adjustments with Alkatronic?

The Alkatronic will make its own adjustments depending on the amount calculated needing to be dosed. It has its own dosing pump. You can use your DOS to maintain dKH.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When first installed, I was able to connect to the internet. Now the Alkatronic will not connect to the internet or a hotspot so I know it’s not my router. I tried deleting the app, reset all settings. Delete WiFi settings,save and then enter them again to no avail. This is driving me nuts and of course it happened away from home. I looked at the troubleshooting info on focustronic website and nothing helps. Anyone have any insight you could share before I email focustronic?

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When first installed, I was able to connect to the internet. Now the Alkatronic will not connect to the internet or a hotspot so I know it’s not my router. I tried deleting the app, reset all settings. Delete WiFi settings,save and then enter them again to no avail. This is driving me nuts and of course it happened away from home. I looked at the troubleshooting info on focustronic website and nothing helps. Anyone have any insight you could share before I email focustronic?

Nothing you can do away from the unit once you have removed the settings. I'd say as long as you have the unit configured and running to not worry about it much until you are back in front of the unit to get is connected to wifi.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m home now Mitch. Sorry, wasn’t clear in my post. I tried connecting away from home and it wouldn’t connect. Now that I’m home, the only way to connect is Bluetooth and that’s when I tried all the steps in the above post. I have tried hotspots and reset my router and it still won’t connect to anything WiFi.

BrianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m home now Mitch. Sorry, wasn’t clear in my post. I tried connecting away from home and it wouldn’t connect. Now that I’m home, the only way to connect is Bluetooth and that’s when I tried all the steps in the above post. I have tried hotspots and reset my router and it still won’t connect to anything WiFi.

At risk of sharing what you already know, it cannot connect to both Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously. They have some troubleshooting steps posted in the FAQs for this problem I believe. I think the steps are after you put in the WiFi settings in the Bluetooth app, you need to close the app, unplug/restart the machine with app not opened on your phone, and then try to connect via WiFi. If that doesn’t work ping the guys on their Facebook page and they’ll help, it’s a common problem

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What worked for me was to clear the settings. Then save. Then turn off wifi. Save. Turn back on wifi then enter credentials again. If you have access to your router, look for "Raspberry Pi". That will confirm if it has at least connected to your router. If it has, then make sure that you have it registered.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mitch, Brian.....

I really appreciate the help! I did everything you both have said and have followed the troubleshooting manual to a tee. It finally connected after the 10th reboot and numerous deleting and saving. I’m not going to lie, to spend this much time to get a reliable WiFi signal is unacceptable for what I paid for the unit. To have the WiFi drop unexpectedly especially away from home and not being able to rectify it, takes a lot of points away from this unit

When it’s working, it works great and I really love it. But to have to spend two days of constant rebooting and changing of settings to get WiFi to work, just doesn’t fly with me. I truly hope they fix this soon in a firmware update. Out of the 50 connected devices in my home , I have never had to spend this much time on a WiFi connection. Rant off

Thanks again guys!

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch, Brian.....

I really appreciate the help! I did everything you both have said and have followed the troubleshooting manual to a tee. It finally connected after the 10th reboot and numerous deleting and saving. I’m not going to lie, to spend this much time to get a reliable WiFi signal is unacceptable for what I paid for the unit. To have the WiFi drop unexpectedly especially away from home and not being able to rectify it, takes a lot of points away from this unit

When it’s working, it works great and I really love it. But to have to spend two days of constant rebooting and changing of settings to get WiFi to work, just doesn’t fly with me. I truly hope they fix this soon in a firmware update. Out of the 50 connected devices in my home , I have never had to spend this much time on a WiFi connection. Rant off

Thanks again guys!

Haha. Sounds like me with what I am going through with my Apex. I have a pending return on my unit that I am scared as heck to get. Transferring to a new one in the past hasn't been the best in the world. But on the wifi, what I did to really resolve almost every wifi issue I have had ever was to get Google Wifi. Now the only thing that drops here and there is my Apex.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something else, if I am away and connectivity drops, I just don't worry to much about it. You can easily get a Nest cam or something like that to get a view of the tank while away. If there is really an issue, it'll be down as well.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Google WiFi as in mesh router or google dns setting? I just upgraded to a orbi with 4 satellites and my WiFi is covered corner to corner.

OP
OP
mitch91175

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is one knock against the Alkatronic, I would say it is something with the wifi/BT module(s). I think they should both work independently of each other and can have both simultaneously. Maybe in a future
release they will change it.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That’s what shows in the app,I check the app for the latest version correct?.... I’ll have to check the screen. Premium aquatics had the latest batch, so I assumed they were all updated tot the latest firmware.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay, thanks for the link. I thought the Alkatronic updated itself and the usb was only for Bluetooth updates.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back