My ideal tank.

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So idk how to start these I don't have tons of knowledge into reef tanks but here are the few things I know I want.

Tank: 72"x30"x30" eurobraced sapphire glass or high res acrylic with a frosted rear panel or black and center overflow with dual return.

Stand: I want something simple and sleek. I love wood and want something that has straight lines and simplicity

Sump. Here is where I get fancy lol. I want a display sump with a beautiful macro algae aqua scape. I recently saw a few and fell in love and coming from the freshwater side and loving aqua scapeing and plants, even if I'm not very good lol, I fell head over heels. But then I would have a smaller secondary sump for the skimmer, dossers, media reactors, ato and other equipment. Otherwise I really like trigger sups and it would have to like a large fug.

Lights: these in not to sure about I know for the big tank purchased it came with two marine orbit LEDs but I haven't gotten to test them out yet so idk. I do have an AI prime and really like it so maybe some more of those or another AI product but idk lol

Stocking: I want it a beautiful mixed reef with lots of corals and fish

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1579982977452.png

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any particular questions you have? Are you looking for tank builders or thoughts in your plans?

OP
OP
ZaneGreay

ZaneGreay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any particular questions you have? Are you looking for tank builders or thoughts in your plans?
No unfortunately I just had back surgery so it's simply me needing to save up money and seeing if I can recover enough to ever be able to work again and make my dream come true... Although with my luck it probably won't but I'll do what I can even if it's not that exact tank I enjoy the hobby and will make what I have work

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No unfortunately I just had back surgery so it's simply me needing to save up money and seeing if I can recover enough to ever be able to work again and make my dream come true... Although with my luck it probably won't but I'll do what I can even if it's not that exact tank I enjoy the hobby and will make what I have work

Well heres to a speedy recovery and that you can achieve your reefing dreams :D As long as you have something you can make work for now and you are happy with it that's is all that matters!!

I will say atleast your dream tank is something potentially attainable which should help make it a reality :)

Back