My IM EXT 100 Complete Reef Build

Im following this build as my new ext 100 is order and will be moving out of this IM Sr80
1000033489.jpg
 
Very good looking reef you have there
Thank you, im just over the HOB equipment and the joy of digging pumps and such out the back for service. However I do like having space under the cabinet and not sure how that will work with the new ext tank? How does manage this?
1000033508.jpg
 
Thank you, im just over the HOB equipment and the joy of digging pumps and such out the back for service. However I do like having space under the cabinet and not sure how that will work with the new ext tank? How does manage this?
1000033508.jpg
With the 100g since it comes with the 57g sump, cabinet space is limited. Outside the cabinet on the right side of my tank I will have the ATO res and a QT tank. I don't place on housing a ton of items outside of the cabinet but a few items for sure. I will likely have my controller items etc. mounted externally but that will be determined once the tank arrives. I want to measure it all out best I can. I am also considering attaching a UV sterlizer to the right 3/4" return pipe just before it enters the tank. I think everything else I can organize nicely inside without being crammed.
Screenshot 2026-09-29 104334.png
 
With the 100g since it comes with the 57g sump, cabinet space is limited. Outside the cabinet on the right side of my tank I will have the ATO res and a QT tank. I don't place on housing a ton of items outside of the cabinet but a few items for sure. I will likely have my controller items etc. mounted externally but that will be determined once the tank arrives. I want to measure it all out best I can. I am also considering attaching a UV sterlizer to the right 3/4" return pipe just before it enters the tank. I think everything else I can organize nicely inside without being crammed.
Screenshot 2026-09-29 104334.png
The vertical section was too tight for my UV a 25 watt Aqua UV. I ended up attaching to to the horizontal longer arm on the right side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new