My IM NUVO 20

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also got a Nuvo20, it’s a really great tank. Couldn’t want anything better for an AIO - though I regret not getting the 25 lagoon or something a bit bigger. That’s really neither here nor there :)

Your stock list sounds good, can even add more inverts if you want. Prob is the max for fish though. Here’s a few picks of my nuvo20 with nanobox duo+m light. For my ATO I actually went with the auto aqua AWC since it wasn’t that much more, and can do auto water changes. Has been awesome! Also a fan of the spin streams, but you’ll want to upgrade the pump. I actually put a separate pump on each nozzle, allowing me to do things like run an in-line reactor when needed.

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F9AD4AF6-80DB-46B7-B43A-BC6FD42E1DC7.jpeg
EEB07341-3816-431C-AB40-659D5677E712.jpeg
9CC468E9-E026-4F69-B4A0-06DE3B54F564.jpeg
D4CA386A-61A2-4A91-B5B8-FF9352DEDFBC.jpeg

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also got a Nuvo20, it’s a really great tank. Couldn’t want anything better for an AIO - though I regret not getting the 25 lagoon or something a bit bigger. That’s really neither here nor there :)

Your stock list sounds good, can even add more inverts if you want. Prob is the max for fish though. Here’s a few picks of my nuvo20 with nanobox duo+m light. For my ATO I actually went with the auto aqua AWC since it wasn’t that much more, and can do auto water changes. Has been awesome! Also a fan of the spin streams, but you’ll want to upgrade the pump. I actually put a separate pump on each nozzle, allowing me to do things like run an in-line reactor when needed.

Really like your setup. I was actually going to buy the spin nozzles and a new pump but was looking for a pump that’s would minimize a power head for a sleek look. What’s your live stock ?

Last edited:

Mycota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank ! What’s your livestock ?
Thanks!
Livestock is:
2x clowns
1x green banded goby
1x emerald crab
4x snails
4x hermits
2x rock flower anemone
Corals are just basic stuff i got off the cheap racks lol
Favia
Blasto
Ricordia
Zoas
Galaxia
Bubble coral
Birds nest

Mycota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very beautiful set up! I cant wait to get my nuvo 20 running now! How are the spin streams? I've been thinking of getting them
They are ok. They get stuck sometimes but can usually be fixed by cleaning it under a faucet. Restricts flow some but gives more random water movement. Just depends what type flow you like. Definitely not a necessary purchase.

Mycota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank. setup info?
I just posted livestock in response to the op. My equipment is:
20g nuvo fusiin
1x kessil A160we
1x jebao wp10
1x cobalt heater
1x inTank refugium (chaeto)
Filter floss on both media baskets
Marinepure ceramic media in some of the unused space in the back area
Chemipure elite

I had the IM ghost skimmer but after a year with bad performance and never being able to dial it in i gave up and removed it. Funny my corals have got a bit more color since removing it so maybe it was actually over skimming and that's why i never got good skimmate production. Who knows. Im keeping it in case my nitrates/phosphates start to climb but so far they are still both zero without it. I do plan on testing it out again in a few months to see if it pulls anything out.

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just posted livestock in response to the op. My equipment is:
20g nuvo fusiin
1x kessil A160we
1x jebao wp10
1x cobalt heater
1x inTank refugium (chaeto)
Filter floss on both media baskets
Marinepure ceramic media in some of the unused space in the back area
Chemipure elite

I had the IM ghost skimmer but after a year with bad performance and never being able to dial it in i gave up and removed it. Funny my corals have got a bit more color since removing it so maybe it was actually over skimming and that's why i never got good skimmate production. Who knows. Im keeping it in case my nitrates/phosphates start to climb but so far they are still both zero without it. I do plan on testing it out again in a few months to see if it pulls anything out.

I also did the marine pure media in the unused space under the filter floss. I really think it’s made a difference.

I use the reef glass skimmer. Looks good on the tank, but has been a constant pain to keep dialed in. It seems like nobody has really nailed the nano skimmer design...they all have mixed reviews. Too bad.

Jax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like your setup. I was actually going to buy the spin nozzles and a new pump but was looking for a pump that’s would minimize a power head for a sleek look. What’s your live stock ?

Clown
Royal Gramma
Red pistol shrimp
Sexy shrimp
Pink Hawaiian feather duster worm
Emerald crab
Bunch of hermits and snails

I used to have a beautiful green mandarin also :( and he was happy, but did this weird mating ritual sleep swimming thing and went carpet surfing.

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown
Royal Gramma
Red pistol shrimp
Sexy shrimp
Pink Hawaiian feather duster worm
Emerald crab
Bunch of hermits and snails

I used to have a beautiful green mandarin also :( and he was happy, but did this weird mating ritual sleep swimming thing and went carpet surfing.
Sorry to hear that .

JakeW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I thought I’d share my experience with this tank . As of now its coming in the mail .
I currently have 2 clowns and various coral in a 20 gallon tall . Was wondering if I could do the 2 clowns, bi color blenny and a goby shrimp pair ?
should be able to

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a questions: Are the stock filter socks hard to clean ? I plan on keeping one and replacing the other with a DIY media basket

It’s okay if I add Carib live sand right ? I plan on transferring everything at once, So I could I add the rock and then sand ?

Last edited:

Mycota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a questions: Are the stock filter socks hard to clean ? I plan on keeping one and replacing the other with a DIY media basket

It’s okay if I add Carib live sand right ? I plan on transferring everything at once, So I could I add the rock and then sand ?
I prefer to use filter floss in media baskets. Its cheaper and less effort than cleaning/replacing socks. They do work well but i didnt notice a difference when i switched to floss.

I can't comment on the live sand. Ive always used dried. Sandbeds get nasty over time. Good to have a fish that sifts it or snails that burrow in it but dont add those until the sandbed matures for a few months.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back