My indo rimless 5ft reef tank the big 40 bday pressie

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
site is going in and out for me..you?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea he was in the old tank he decided he wanted to learn to carpet surf... unfortunately he didnt realize that the teeth of death ie my dog. Was ready to swallow whole as he landed.:eek:;Vomit
all of them...
WP_20200614_14_20_44_Pro.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just keep on with what your doing..don't chase them numbers ;)

OP
OP
Hellybell80

Hellybell80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the ekoral doser almost a week ago and have been running it with fauna marin light balling solutions. So far so good.
Now I'm nowhere tech savvy and it took a few blue words to set it up. Mainly because I got it wrong plus I have never used a doser before only manually added, to get it up and working.
The gent I got it from was great showed me how to set it up and keep it running.
Wow I wished I got a doser last year! So much easier when you know how to work it.

OP
OP
Hellybell80

Hellybell80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest the one clown came with the first tank with a little black clown. (Emmo as we called him was lost to a tank crash I had in the 100litre) he looked like a common clown but the longer he stayed and looked after my zoa garden the blacker he became :eek:.he went from this
20190602_164505.jpg

To this
20190916_143955.jpg

And now he has loads more black on him.
DSC09789.JPG

OP
OP
Hellybell80

Hellybell80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first had the old tank it had a small amount of monti on it.
I added a few more bits to the old tank (they were dipped as they had bugs on them) then carried them over to the new one when I set it up.
They were growing ok but when the lights went out I could see a white line. At first I thought it was growth, but not was these...
20-01-31 10:05:57.png

Dipped again today with the fauna marin the dip. Not much came off in the dip though I did pick a load off.
Of course putting them back on the rock work with putty was a pain.. more pink putty rocks.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here I was walking around my local fish store back in Febuary, and there it was the indo rimless aquarium. The store had several set up with fresh and salt water. Not a brand I had heard of before,, but the store has a partnership with a company called cleair.
Now i couldn't find much information about these aquariums apart from what the store was advertising. The tanks on the shop floor all looked like a good build, and I started to visually move all my living room around to fit the 5ft tank in ;).

My son was with me and took pity.... I made sure I was making puppy dog eyes.... it worked haha he bought me the aquarium. Isnt that what grown up kids are for? Giving you something back after years of looking after them ;Woot;Woot ha.

Now I have had a small 2ft marine tank for a year. Only about 100 litres give or take, so I had a little experience with a marine aquarium. Some good alot bad. The small volume wasnt the easiest and the guy I bought it off had no end of problems with the rocks and the livestock I had off of him as a whole unit. So I was hoping a larger volume of water would help somewhat.

The company I dealt with were quite helpful, even offered to set it up in my home plumbing it in and fill it for me with natural sea water (bonus no mixing litres of salt water at home). So naturally I took that deal, save my back and all that with lifting a 5ft tank.
The tank in store obviously set up for fresh water display
20200304_102442.jpg

So the tank had to be ordered and was arriving in a week or so.
I ordered a return pump, skimmer, heaters and one TMC wave machine as I wanted to attach a RFG to the return.
Then ordered my rocks... purse was getting lighter..
Looks great and so does the aquarium, neat how it's raised on one side

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L
Ok so the big day came ;Happy;Happy
The lads that delivered it were quite efficient. Got it through the house and in place with no issues.
Wished I had paid a little more attention to them actually plumbing it in though. But looking at it afterwards it dosnt look a complicated plumb.
I wanted to get my rocks in first before the water but they had another set up to get to , so they added the water before my sand and rocks.
20200311_060449.jpg

I used live sand... it was all they had. Two bags covered it though and I didnt want it too deep.
Not enough rock though so my finger slipped on the buy button of more marco rock.
20200312_200700.jpg

I created loads of caves, a safe haven for fish. Wasnt happy with the left hand rock as it was a little high. But kept with it for now.
Looks better in your living room, good scaping

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back