My journey getting clowns in RBTA

Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing some of the steps Im taking to get these dang clownfish to swim into their rose bubble tip.

Over the last month, I have tried taping a picture to the tank, playing videos of clownfish in nems on repeat, luring them into the nem with food, and a mirror. None of it has worked at all and they have shown no interest.

Yesterday I pulled the nem and fish and put them together in a makeshift isolation box (bottom part of a pitcher). Wish me luck! If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear. Anyone have any experience doing this, and how long it took to work?

Day 1

Day 2

Josiah_445

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Trying to get mine to host a Condy, I’ve had friends do that method you’re using and it has worked for them. I won’t do it though because I’m scared my nem will walk around when I put it back in the tank and destroy my corals lol. If it doesn’t work out for you I’ve seen people directly put clownfish into the nem with a tube, there’s some vids on YouTube. I think that’s what I’m gonna try!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good luck! Trying to get mine to host a Condy, I’ve had friends do that method you’re using and it has worked for them. I won’t do it though because I’m scared my nem will walk around when I put it back in the tank and destroy my corals lol. If it doesn’t work out for you I’ve seen people directly put clownfish into the nem with a tube, there’s some vids on YouTube. I think that’s what I’m gonna try!
careful, I have heard condys can eat clowns. . . not sure how likely though. . .

Josiah_445

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah everyone I ask says different things but I’ve seen plenty clowns host them so hopefully it will work out. It’s a well fed anemone but you never know what they will do.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear
Patience and a prayer to the fish gods if its captive bred. Not saying it won't but it ain't always easy and I think it's up to the fish. I opted for clarkii to host my new blue haddoni. 2 hours in the tank and the fish is in the nem.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Condy anemones are not known to host clowns.

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 4. The smaller of the clowns is definitely touching them nem more. It’s hard to say if it’s intentional or just incident to being in a tiny container.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back