My journey getting clowns in RBTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ross

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
305
Reaction score
229
Location
Lubbock Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharing some of the steps Im taking to get these dang clownfish to swim into their rose bubble tip.

Over the last month, I have tried taping a picture to the tank, playing videos of clownfish in nems on repeat, luring them into the nem with food, and a mirror. None of it has worked at all and they have shown no interest.

Yesterday I pulled the nem and fish and put them together in a makeshift isolation box (bottom part of a pitcher). Wish me luck! If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear. Anyone have any experience doing this, and how long it took to work?


Day 1
https://youtube.com/shorts/bhuMqfcq1zM?feature=share
Day 2
https://youtube.com/shorts/Mh8ZYhqTg0c?feature=share
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tideline-7g-clownfish-cube.978637/#post-11463623
 
Good luck! Trying to get mine to host a Condy, I’ve had friends do that method you’re using and it has worked for them. I won’t do it though because I’m scared my nem will walk around when I put it back in the tank and destroy my corals lol. If it doesn’t work out for you I’ve seen people directly put clownfish into the nem with a tube, there’s some vids on YouTube. I think that’s what I’m gonna try!
 
Good luck! Trying to get mine to host a Condy, I’ve had friends do that method you’re using and it has worked for them. I won’t do it though because I’m scared my nem will walk around when I put it back in the tank and destroy my corals lol. If it doesn’t work out for you I’ve seen people directly put clownfish into the nem with a tube, there’s some vids on YouTube. I think that’s what I’m gonna try!
careful, I have heard condys can eat clowns. . . not sure how likely though. . .
 
Yeah everyone I ask says different things but I’ve seen plenty clowns host them so hopefully it will work out. It’s a well fed anemone but you never know what they will do.
 
If you have any suggestions I’d love to hear
Patience and a prayer to the fish gods if its captive bred. Not saying it won't but it ain't always easy and I think it's up to the fish. I opted for clarkii to host my new blue haddoni. 2 hours in the tank and the fish is in the nem.
 
Good luck! Trying to get mine to host a Condy, I’ve had friends do that method you’re using and it has worked for them. I won’t do it though because I’m scared my nem will walk around when I put it back in the tank and destroy my corals lol. If it doesn’t work out for you I’ve seen people directly put clownfish into the nem with a tube, there’s some vids on YouTube. I think that’s what I’m gonna try!
Condy anemones are not known to host clowns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new