My leopard wrasse came out of the sand after one day

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a leopard wrasse yesterday and she already came out today. I immediately fed the tank with frozen but she did not eat any. She's just swimming around and pecking at the sand right now. Fortunately none of my other fish are messing with her at the moment.

I heard its a bad sign if they come out too fast. Anything I can do to ensure success at this point?

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I added a leopard wrasse yesterday and she already came out today. I immediately fed the tank with frozen but she did not eat any. She's just swimming around and pecking at the sand right now. Fortunately none of my other fish are messing with her at the moment.

I heard its a bad sign if they come out too fast. Anything I can do to ensure success at this point?
Hi, I personally think that myth is just that, a myth. Fishes have their individual personality and because one fish comes out early and the other does not, doesn't necessary mean one does better than the other.
I have a melanurus wrasse, I remember the first time she come home, she swam all day through the next day and then she disappeared the day after for two days, and now she comes out all day and goes to sleep at night. So far I've have a few unfortunate events in my tank, 3 deaths recorded within 2 months, my water parameters still seem perfect but however my wrasse still here, she's now the queen of the tank.
So that myth of wrasse coming out too early isn't a good sign is not totally true, they could come out because they feel the comfort of a good well kept tank home, after the perfect acclimation process, as soon as they come in, they might not be as shy and would love to survey the area of their new home or they could just come out because they want to... Enjoy your wrasse, they are an incredibly beautiful addition to any tank. Make her happy by focusing on her environment and stay away from myths, your baby has her own personality.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might just have a fish that isnt shy, I cant say that about Flame Angel that has been in my rockwork for the last week and a half.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its only a bad sign if they are too weak to bury. If they are swimming and checking things out they usually do ok.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back