My Magnificent Sea Anemone Journey....

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys finding these anemones? I’ve been researching mags for a long time and have a spot planned out in my 240 for one once the tank is mature enough. The problem is I’ve pretty much never seen one for sale... I’m probably 6 months to a year out from getting one but just curious how y’all acquired them
where in socal are you? Check out Pasadena Tropical Fish. They get them in very frequently. They just got in a brown base, purple tentacle with white tips on sunday

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where in socal are you? Check out Pasadena Tropical Fish. They get them in very frequently. They just got in a brown base, purple tentacle with white tips on sunday
Ah perfect thank you! I‘m at the south edge of OC so Pasadena is quite a drive, but worth it if I can find one of those! Do you know what price?

My tank is a while from stable enough for one but I’m glad to hear I can potentially source one locally

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys finding these anemones? I’ve been researching mags for a long time and have a spot planned out in my 240 for one once the tank is mature enough. The problem is I’ve pretty much never seen one for sale... I’m probably 6 months to a year out from getting one but just curious how y’all acquired them
I bought mine from Aqua SD.... I would say get it local if you can... they dont ship well at all.

i_declare_bankruptcy

out of control
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine from Aqua SD.... I would say get it local if you can... they dont ship well at all.
They're only an hour away! I've had a pretty frustrating buying experience with them once but otherwise they've been great so I'm glad to hear they get them.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're only an hour away! I've had a pretty frustrating buying experience with them once but otherwise they've been great so I'm glad to hear they get them.
I would check in...they hadnt had them in months. I only know this because we were communicating about the the mag i bought from them.

BlaineGarcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread and read through quite a bit of it, it’s awesome to see the different experiences and success with magnificas. It’s my favorite out of all the anemones I currently own, I just hit one year and three months with mine. He picked quite possibly the worst spot on the center glass but hey he’s happy so I’m happy. He also came a long way since the first month of buying him. Here’s a couple different pics to show where he landed

Attachments

• 990CC7F5-48A8-459B-A91D-6D9E218B9D00.jpeg
    990CC7F5-48A8-459B-A91D-6D9E218B9D00.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 2FA501A4-BAAC-431B-9FFF-AA6415914801.jpeg
    2FA501A4-BAAC-431B-9FFF-AA6415914801.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 3D48986D-C668-4AB2-B6BC-046084153882.jpeg
    3D48986D-C668-4AB2-B6BC-046084153882.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 120
OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread and read through quite a bit of it, it’s awesome to see the different experiences and success with magnificas. It’s my favorite out of all the anemones I currently own, I just hit one year and three months with mine. He picked quite possibly the worst spot on the center glass but hey he’s happy so I’m happy. He also came a long way since the first month of buying him. Here’s a couple different pics to show where he landed
Oh nice! Do your clownfish go in it? Mine refuse to leave.

BlaineGarcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice! Do your clownfish go in it? Mine refuse to leave.
My maroons refuse to leave their two RBTA that I have, they’ve never taken a look at my magnifica, LTA, crispa, or malu. However, they still dominate this particular tank of mine.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My maroons refuse to leave their two RBTA that I have, they’ve never taken a look at my magnifica, LTA, crispa, or malu. However, they still dominate this particular tank of mine.
Ok i was curious, but that does sound correct. BTA is the natural host for Maroon clownfish. Congrats on your Mag, not an easy one to keep.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing is do not buy unless you have cipro on hand first. I do not know anyone who has got lucky enough to not have to treat theirs.

BlaineGarcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing is do not buy unless you have cipro on hand first. I do not know anyone who has got lucky enough to not have to treat theirs.
Haha well now you have because I never had to treat mine, only problem I had was the girl at the LFS when she was bagging him for me managed to get air inside mine and I had to “burp” the anemone for a whole week straight

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fully agree! Of the seven mags I have had in my time reefing only one was spared treatment .... it came out of a local reefers tank. The other six all required cipro .... four survived.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you’re still well with this Anemone Sdot!
video doesnt show up on my phone, so I’ll check back with the laptop to see how it looks currently.

good job man!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree. Looks almost identical .... maybe even nicer.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back