My Mantis

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, unfortunately, I do not have any pictures yet of the guy. Got him over two months ago and he is maybe 2.5" long, bright florescent green and funny.

He just moved from a 6g to a 5g because I move my picos around a lot. :)

I feed him squid and he seems to love it. Only thing he will eat right now. He does seem to eat a bit of clam, but not much. I have him with 2 hermits and one snail and he has not bothered them. They are small too, but I think he is lazy.

I feed him every other day. I put food in tongs and he creeps out of hidey hole and comes and takes it. Very cool guy. He also made quite the noise while he was drilling through the rock for his tunnels.

I will try to get some pics. While on vacation, I had babysitters feeding him. They told me he never once came out. The food would disappear though. First day back, I went to feed him, he came flying out and grabbed it right from me.

He already knows me. :)

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me trying to feed and take picture will be worth videoing actually. Maybe I will try for a short video instead. I may be better at that. ;Bored

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry. I have been so busy. I am rebuilding my 210g and all energies have gone to that. Some day maybe.

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. taken today. No laughing it was with my phone and I have no idea how to edit the video.

mantis.jpg

mantis2.jpg

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool and thanks for sharing!

Your video making skills are only rivaled by me !

OP
OP
DeniseAndy

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the lid on and light. Normally I do not and it is a lot easier. I do drop it a lot too. He goes and gets it. I will try skewers. I have some, just never thought about it. Thanks.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, man. Sorry to hear that. It's tough losing fish/critters we really enjoy.

I just moved a bunch of fish around and one relocation is not working out well. I'm worried about the survival of my flame angel (pictured on my avatar). I don't have time to catch the fish causing issues (Bad Boy cherub angel ) until the weekend. I was hoping the large volume of the 180 gal would discourage Bad Boy's aggression, but no dice. This will be the third tank I've tried to home Bad Boy. He's a terror. I need to get rid of him.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back