Status
Not open for further replies.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their was a lot of interest.....I had to wait in line like 10 minutes just to take a look at the My Miami....he also had a tangerine dreams frag there as well....

cheers,
Darren

LOL@Darren - in line!??!?

Good time there today. I got some pictures of a lot of stuff. I'll post them up tomorrow or Sunday sometime. Got a lot of pics of all of Jason's stuff including the My Miami for those interested. I'll let the guy who picked it up post if he wants it to be known.

Some nice stuff from Unique - Dr. Mac's Pacific East - Cherry Corals - Randy O. (forgot his business name) - I picked up a SIK looking one from him.
Great deals to be had which was nice to see. ORA had a nice setup too.
I got a lot of underwater pics of a ton of different stuff. To be honest there wasn't anything new. More or less a lot of Acans, rainbows, ect. , a couple chalices I hadn't seen, and a few other new things, other than that there was a lot of ORA and the bread and butter stuff.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NO we want PICS NOW!!!!!

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chad to no props to me for showing Randy O's piece :D lol... j/k

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chad to no props to me for showing Randy O's piece :D lol... j/k

And Steve gets props for :nerd: me the Emerald Green ME! lol
I LOVE Mummy Eye's - so it made the trip worthwhile - 7 hours on the bike today. Corals are acclimating now.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this was basically a free coral you obtained then since it was a hitch hiker? Wow now I am really sick to my stomache!!!!! That story is not as great as it was put out to be!!!! A free coral now is $1500 an eye? How is that possible and how can one feel good about themselves raping fellow hobbyist?
:moneygrubber: this is my first time reding thru this thread..(thats how much i didn't care for it until i saw that there were so many pages in such a short time) and thats exactly what i thought as soon as i read Jason's post....

but...ultimately it is his right to charge as much as he wants for it and up to the people whether or not they wanna pay for it...

Last edited:

roshi719

Official fish poo remover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is that all about? I'm not a chalice maffia member (hate the things - such a waste of $$$) I'm just padding on info.
Just my expression of shock that people will actually pay that much for one eye of a coral.

TonyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can speak for Jason's passion for this hobby. He's paid his dues and has an absolutely STUNNING collection. I think it's disgusting for anyone to bash him for selling this coral. This is the kind of argument and lack of respect that belong over on RC. The price is driven by the market, simple supply and demand like was said earlier. Don't hate on Jason, he'd be stupid for him to accept less than the highest bid.

Psychographic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pardon my ignorance, but what contibutions has Jason Fox made to the reefing hobby, the only time I've seen the name, it has been associated with frags. I did a google search and other than corals, could not find any information.

TonyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the only time I've seen the name, it has been associated with frags. I did a google search and other than corals, could not find any information.

Because that's what he does :tongue:

He aquacultures corals. Several of the Tyree LE's originated with Jason Fox.

Psychographic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he's in it for the money (and at $1500 for a one eyed frag, don't even think for a second he is'nt) and we should be giving him respect? He's doing this for the love of the money, not the hobby.

TonyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he's in it for the money (and at $1500 for a one eyed frag, don't even think for a second he is'nt) and we should be giving him respect? He's doing this for the love of the money, not the hobby.

He's in it because he loves to collect corals. A plus side is that he can sell enough corals to pay for his hobby.......maybe. Take into account traveling, equipment, maintenance and supplies and he might be breaking even. Jason is NO different than anyone else here selling or trading corals. He's just on a larger scale and has the connections to get the good stuff before anyone else.

Don't hate.

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's in it because he loves to collect corals. A plus side is that he can sell enough corals to pay for his hobby.......maybe. Take into account traveling, equipment, maintenance and supplies and he might be breaking even. Jason is NO different than anyone else here selling or trading corals. He's just on a larger scale and has the connections to get the good stuff before anyone else.

Don't hate.

Who is hating? :neutral:

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all marketing people and if somebody's willing to pay it what should you care unless your jealous, what gets me is when you try to sell something at a fair price people must think its junk lol as I have had many pieces under what most shops sell and I always get pm's I want it but why so cheap then nothing ever happens lol you cant have it both way's but don't blame him for making a buck on something very rare I am jealous in the fact I don't have a piece or the bank roll to buy one myself as I would.

Last edited:

frank a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Met Jason fox at MACNA this weekend, one of the nicest guys there. Saw the my Miami, it was a beautiful piece. We as the collectors set the price, if no one is willing to pay the 1500, I'm sure Jason would drop the price. You cannot blame him for selling it at that price if people are willing to pay it.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does jason fox have a website?

No - He mainly wholesales, does local stuff, and some ebay. That may change in the future, but I doubt it.
He is more of a collector that sells, not a business.

nismo_32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is funny..!!! its all i can say...LOL...... it was nice meeting you jason and i hope you enjoy the 300g...LOL....... wanna see pics when its up and running....thanks again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.7%
Back