Status
Not open for further replies.

UWWorld_NJ

DangLinG GooDieS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it was getting out of hand on this thread, Jason nice stuff at the show OMG. The my Miami is insane just as shown in pictures and everything. The coral is worth the money in itself for serious collectors to grow out and even trade an eye with friends..ect it is worth it, but if you cannot afford it dont buy it like someone else stated. My Miami is a true beauty and collectors piece. and the price should not be questioned as it is very limited and very very rare... All i can say its sick. Jason ur the man bro sick chalices. i Enjoyed the show...lol hit me up. and to everyone who went to the show hope you all enjoy as well.

nismo_32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also gat a glimps at the miamis nightmare...pretty neat chalice as well. would have pick that one up if i hadnt spent most my money already.....it was a great show and it was good putting names to faces, good to meet you faviafreak... you guys had some sick stuff.....

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the my miami bought at macna in a friends tank. GORGEOUS piece! I'm going to start saving. nothing and I mean NOTHING comes close to this piece!

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a full time job as a auto mechanic, what money ive been making for selling some corals is used to support my hobby. think about cleaning your 40 breeder then think about cleaning 1600 gallons to a pristine bare bottom reef every f...@n day all alone with no help. imagine the money, the passion, the heart, love and sweat im putting into this hobby. thank you for those who understand that im not out to rip anybody. love you guys! see yah!-jason fox

trippkid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what to post, other than Jason is a good friend of mine and I am not a Chalice freak(I like SPS). I try to help him whenever I can, but it certainly is not enough(I live in PA and he is in MD). He spends countless hours downstairs with all his babies, and it shows. The time spent and care given to them is just insane. I would guess it is about 40-60 hrs. a week, probably even more when you count the weekends too. The guy is truly genuine and one of the nicest people you will meet in the hobby. Keep up the great job bud, I'll be down to see the new tank soon(we set it up yesterday, had to move a full 200 gal Oceanic tank to put the 300 in the empty spot, then transfer all the contents to the 300, it was almost done when I left last night, J still had to go to Lowes to get some plumbing parts to complete the drain manifold, I sure that is why he was still up at 2 am. Then to read about all the haters out there, would kind of tick me off too.).
Matt

UC / Apsley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met Jason this weekend as well, really nice guy and awesome corals!

UC / Apsley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also gat a glimps at the miamis nightmare...pretty neat chalice as well. would have pick that one up if i hadnt spent most my money already.....it was a great show and it was good putting names to faces, good to meet you faviafreak... you guys had some sick stuff.....

Thanks! really nice meeting you as well! drop me a line here soon and we'll talk...

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a full time job as a auto mechanic, what money ive been making for selling some corals is used to support my hobby. think about cleaning your 40 breeder then think about cleaning 1600 gallons to a pristine bare bottom reef every f...@n day all alone with no help. imagine the money, the passion, the heart, love and sweat im putting into this hobby. thank you for those who understand that im not out to rip anybody. love you guys! see yah!-jason fox

Is this Jason writing or May :D...The last part is sweet ;)....

El Camaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I vouch for this man, i have even taken my mom to see his collection because its amazing, and his knowledge of the hobbie and his corals do not compare to others plain and simple. Keep doing what your doing jason.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been talking with Jason over the last couple of years and bought some rare coral from him a while back. He actually hooked me up on a minicolony of the PPE Chalice/Favia Thing at cost. He has some of the rarest and most beautiful chalices/corals I have seen, know of. Very knowledgeable and fun guy to talk with. When you come to South Florida we're going scuba diving together my friend! Sushi or whole fried hogfish or snapper afterwards on me!

ijam357

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yeah i think his wife wrote that post or he was real drunk to tell you all he loves you. haha crackin me up over here!!

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been talking with Jason over the last couple of years and bought some rare coral from him a while back. He actually hooked me up on a minicolony of the PPE Chalice/Favia Thing at cost. He has some of the rarest and most beautiful chalices/corals I have seen, know of. Very knowledgeable and fun guy to talk with. When you come to South Florida we're going scuba diving together my friend! Sushi or whole fried hogfish or snapper afterwards on me!

+1 he has the craziest collection of chalices iv seen and is a great guy!

jfox

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha yeah i think his wife wrote that post or he was real drunk to tell you all he loves you. haha crackin me up over here!!

hahaha! jamie you know im only the secretary typing what he wants to say! his dictating it all and im typing! lol!-may

THE BEAUT

Luv Golf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow what an ugly thread. If someone wants to pay 15K for a frag its their right to. The funny thing is, it doesnt look like a chalice to me but a rotundo( a sweet one at that). The other thing is, if anyone thinks this is the only one around, is a fool. We have seen this all before. The Tyree Watermelon, he had the only one and frags were in high demand. Now their is every kind of watermelon out there. If there is one there is another as we have already seen in this thread. The ocean is a large place.

uchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rotundafora are on the endangered list. Importers are bringing them in as echnios and acan echinatas. I seen quite a few and I'm buying them as I see them. Some of the ones will make you pee your pants. Orange with purple eyes. Frags of the rotunda to most people will look like a chalice.

Last edited:

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Now I know why people are here instead of RC. This thread would've closed down long time ago over there.

I went through the whole thread and might have missed it, but how do you tell if it's a chalice or rotundafora? Thanks.

uchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rotundas to me are more flat and the eyes are also flater and larger. Also the rotunda s has eyes in a consistant patern. Ya know what I mean? Chalices have different splotches of color as to the rotunda being like solid through out

Last edited:

UWWorld_NJ

DangLinG GooDieS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason is a cool butt dude, and has the best and nicest coral collection i have seen ever, The man is straight up and down to earth person, show was nice thanks for the goodies man,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back