My mini complete tank build, punishing myself.

Fishyj

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
712
Reaction score
526
Location
Niagara Falls NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my mini tank and will have it up and running in a few days. I will be adding a water level sight tube and also drilling for an ato for in the near future. So far the ink bird temperature controller is working great. I will be updating when everything has been added. I will be keeping mushrooms in this tank and maybe some sexy shrimp. Looking for suggestions on stocking. Here’s a couple of boring pictures for now . CD12C9EF-65A3-4B78-BD16-EB24BCECE8A5.jpeg F937E638-A133-4C45-877D-022CB2056C89.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Sexy shrimp would be cool. I have several in my tank, but rarely see them. In your tank they would probably be out and about more.
 
Today I mounted the tank shelf , installed the ato and hooked it up to my controller. I it running empty at this moment for testing purposes. I just want to make sure that I don’t kill anything. I will monitor it a few days and then put my sand rocks and corals in.
image.jpg
 
Scaled the tank and I have at this moment 3 mushrooms. 1jawbreaker, 1 bounce, and 1 I don’t know what kind it is. Having a really tough time taking pictures. Any suggestions?
image.jpg
 
This light is rough for photos, my orphek lens kit doesn't even filter out enough of the blue for a photo to not look like Windex. Still trying to battle that myself.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new