OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the kind words guys :) more pics are coming right up!

Beautiful tank Zach! Are you still going to come to the DC area sometime?

hey Karen... nice to hear from you again..it's been a while! i actually made my trip to D.C. over the new years holidays....but not to worry, I did snag a few nice frags while I was there :) what have you been up to?

these 3 shots were taken this morning..only lighting is from natural sunshine ...my halides, LEDs, flourescents are all off

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Fiji neon green Kenya Tree (although it's more of a neon yellow/green under my 400W - and growing like a machine might I add!)
IMG_4148.jpg

this is just a wacky pic.....I was pulling a marathon aquascaping session on the tank...when I was done, I noticed the frogspawn's base was really inflated, but the feelers were really shrunken....it looked so odd I had to snap a pic......never seen it do that before, and i've had it for over 2 years!
IMG_4077-1.jpg

Zach.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great stuff!!!

Hey that neon green fiji kenya tree, are those pretty rare?

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff!!!

Hey that neon green fiji kenya tree, are those pretty rare?

i dunno Rev....i know i've never personally seen one in any toronto LFS except for this one ....but a local reefer did sell one last year, if i do remember correctly...have no clue if it was the real deal.

my guess is that they are definitely not common....or they may just get cherry picked too soon during their trip to our stores :confused:

Zach

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I have never seen one around me either. I have oe that I got from one local guy. I thought I seen these on RC for sale one time as ORA somthing or another.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome Zach.. thanks for the update..

everything looks very happy and healthy...

:)

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a quick update....well, only a couple pics of my dendro ;)....it was closed up for the longest time, but these days it's extending all the time...I just had to snap some pics :)

note the bottom right; my red goniopora is developing these unusual bright blue specks on the very tip of the polyps...weird!
IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5828.jpg

Zach

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah...and a nice hitchhiker paly....love the pattern...and the mouth, although SOO tiny, is a mint green colour :)

IMG_4154.jpg

Zach

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank Zach....That gongi looklike it is fiberoptics with the blue tips like that....My tank during the summer gets about an hr of the sun as it sets.....

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great lookin stuff man love that colony of RPE's and that green jewel up top of the clam pic

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank Zach....That gongi looklike it is fiberoptics with the blue tips like that....My tank during the summer gets about an hr of the sun as it sets.....

thanks James...my tank gets at least 4 to 5 hours of direct sunlight in the morning hours, depending on the season....i admit, it doesn't help with the algae on the glass, but my corals absolutely freak out..the polyp extension on them is exceptional...they love it..no doubt

liking that Dendro Zach.. :)

:) for a while they were closed up for days on end, only peeking out at night....but now they're open all the time...gotta love 'em...they're hungry little buggers too!

great lookin stuff man love that colony of RPE's and that green jewel up top of the clam pic

yeah man....that green acan lord is prolly my favourite acan at the moment...:p

OK, so here's a couple more pics for you guys...

here's a Duncanopsammia colony I was holding for a 'group buy'....this shot was taken minutes before I fragged it....there were about 42 polyps on the piece....took me about 1.5 hours to frag it into 10 pieces...hot dang!....without a doubt, this coral has the most DENSE coral skeleton i've ever seen...it was very difficult to cut, even with my diamond blade!
IMG_5818_sm.jpg

and my newest Caribbean zoas.....they have the strangest 'V' marking on the oral disc, not to mention the most awesome pink sparkles....never seen that before....can anyone ID it?
IMG_5850new.jpg

P.S. don't mind the flatworms..... hehehe...i'll deal with them soon ;)

Zach.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only seen those pink sparkley zoas once before and the person that had them lost them so very nice find! Love the duncan colony! That looks massive!

I just saw your comment to me you posted back in March....sorry about that. Glad to hear you had a nice trip and sorry I missed meeting up. Love the blue spots on the goni and the coloring on that clam is insanely intense!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now, time for a brief update :)

so, i've been wondering what the heck is going on in my tank.....I found two polyps (from two different morphs of palythoa grandis) completely eaten ...like if someone was using scissors to cut sections away....after some investigating, i found this crab......i've seen it before - my buddy Joe found one in his tank a few years back and showed him to me....it's prolly the most decorated crab i've seen, evar!

he said it had a major appetite for zoas....no kidding! mine seemed to only eat my palythoa grandis polyps!!!

IMG_6188Large.jpg

IMG_6189Large.jpg

here's a couple new zoa acquisitions....

sweet rusty red outer ring and a speckled teal center...from Indo
IMG_6176Large.jpg

i'm calling this morph BEEFCAKE ...it seriously has the most plump and fat polyps i've ever seen on a z. gigantus before .....from the Caribbean
IMG_6165_flashLarge.jpg

tx

Zach

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back