OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey.....just thought i'd give you all an update......well, it's bad news this time around, sad to say.

I came back from my vacation to find my tank leaking.....it was not due to anything I had done....turns out the silicone seal around the front and bottom panes of the tank had started to separate. My girlfriend mentioned it started to drip about two days before I got back, so it was not as bad as I thought. Some of my flooring is damaged, but that is it.

All my fish and corals survived, thank God!.....but the tank itself had to be broken down....yeah that was a VERY tough one to swallow. I had to break it down virtually the same night I arrived back from Sydney....I was jet-lagged after a 30hr flight, tired and exhausted, and I had a bad (Australian) flu!...could it get any worse!? thankfully it didn't!

anyways...the corals are all safe in my backup tank.......i've got a new tank about half-way filled...will get it going ASAP....i'm not done yet! :D

And i'll continue this thread in honour of my tank.....and yeah, i sent a nice email to the tank manufactuers....jerks sold me a p.o.s.!!! that tank was just over 5 years old...still had lots of life left in it, as far as I am concerned!!!

the one leak that ended it all
IMG_0633Large.jpg

another one almost ready to break through
IMG_0632Large.jpg

another
IMG_0631Large.jpg

left side, note the back pane is still flawless....every other panel was affected to some extent.
IMG_0636Large.jpg

right side
IMG_0635Large.jpg

oh well.

Zach

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yikes.. sorry to hear about this Zach.. I'm glad the corals and fishes are doing alright.... :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea man sorry to hear bro..

What new tank did you go with?

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the kind words guys :)

I didn’t go larger…I just stuck with the 65g, just a different manufacturer haha :) I was in such a bad mood to begin with that upgrading was the last thing on my mind.…plus, going larger would have required me to modify a fair bit of my plumbing, equipment, etc…..which I was not in the mood to do anyway (I’m feeling the same way now!). Really, I just want my tank back……it was taken away from me b/c some ******* at Perfecto (Marineland is the parent company) used some crap silicone, or did not prep the glass properly…..now I paid the ultimate price…..I was forced to break my tank down.

This is the last pic of the tank before I broke it down…….keep in mind, this is after 3weeks without anyone touching the tank, except to feed the fish…..a bit of algae here and there, but otherwise, 100% healthy and perfect (in my eyes, at least).
IMG_0623Large.jpg

dang near brings a tear to my eye :(

RE: Vacation….my trip was a blast!….went to Sydney for a friend’s wedding, then headed to Tasmania for some driving, wine tours, and pile of seafood (drove just under 1200kms and got a speeding ticket too!! LOL)….then off to Cairns for a 3 day dive trip to the Outer Barrier Reef…..and YES, I took piles and piles of pics/video….i’ll post them soon….just post-processing them now hehehe

Zach

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back