Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some new shots....

I upgraded my MJ 1200....dang, it pushes a heck of a lot of water now!
IMG_0047.jpg

my light blue scolymia vitiensis and one of my maxima clams
IMG_0048.jpg

nice aussie acan frag.....has an almost gold-ish colour if you see it in person...quite nice!
IMG_0042.jpg

a montipora (verrucosa?) i've had for over a year.....doing mighty fine these days....it seems a bit small, but that's b/c i've fragged it for friends so many times.
IMG_0039.jpg

a sweeeet reddish/burgundy micromussa amak. colony I picked up for $40 from a locl 'big box' aqaurium shop.....a sweet score, if you ask me! ;)
IMG_0034.jpg

another Zoa scene....love those caribbean blues....but they never seem to last...hopefully this one will keep going for a while.....dunno what the heck one of my b&w clowns is doing LOL!
IMG_0031-1.jpg

Some aussie acans....the two large ones are growing at an amazing pace...the single red one was in bad shape for a while, but just look at it now! so healthy and happy.....the top right is my Skittles acan...I got 2 polyps of it, now there's at least 6!
IMG_0025-1.jpg

Palythoa Grandis....this frag was attacked by a zoa-eating porcelain crab over the summer....it's finally recovered and doing quite well..I expect some heavy growth real soon!
IMG_0021.jpg

PPE...with a little baby peeking out...after 11 painful months, the dang thing FINALLY grows a baby!.....woooooot!
IMG_0019.jpg

thanks for looking!

Zach

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
woops....forgot one..

on top is my pastel green striped on emerald green base Indo acan lord...scored it this past weekend....for an Indo acan lord, it's quite unique..

The one at the bottom is an aussie I got from a trade....a nice pink rim acan just like RandyO's LOL
IMG_0014.jpg

Zach

Last edited:

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great stuff man!!!!!!! I am drooling over your massive collection of stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All.......here's a FTS of my tank.....the first shots of 2008!!! :D .....I did some major cleaning last weekend.....time to stand back and just take it all in ;)

65gtank009.jpg

left side
65gtank045.jpg

right side
65gtank024.jpg

hope you like!

Zach.

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome Zach... :)

do I see some babies on that PPE? ;)

thank you, guys :)

yeah Marv....took about 11 months for the one polyp I got off you to bud...and when it did, it pushed out 3 back2back! ...I moved it to a more safe location...still close to where it was though....hopefully it'll continue the growth spurt!

Zach

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you, guys :)

yeah Marv....took about 11 months for the one polyp I got off you to bud...and when it did, it pushed out 3 back2back! ...I moved it to a more safe location...still close to where it was though....hopefully it'll continue the growth spurt!

Zach
:D :) :D

GO! GO! GO!

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks AWESOME! So many colors to look at lol. At the rate you're going you're gonna need a bigger tank lol.....or just send frags to my address :D ! Btw if you dont mind can you tell me the camera you use?
Thanks
-Chris

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks AWESOME! So many colors to look at lol. At the rate you're going you're gonna need a bigger tank lol.....or just send frags to my address :D ! Btw if you dont mind can you tell me the camera you use?
Thanks
-Chris

thanks :) yeah gonna have to start thinking about my next system...good thing is that my girlfriend and I are thinking about moving this year....good opportunity? i think so! :)

the camera is an old Canon S1 IS.......it still takes pretty good shots......just to put it in perspective, they already have the S5 IS on the market ;)

Zach

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's been a while since I updated this thread
wink.gif
well, things are going steady these days...lots of growth and sweet colours to enjoy
wink.gif

True Blue Xenia (cespitularia)....note the spicules that make this coral literally sparkle......not to be confused with the other purpley one in this thread, which has no visible sparkle.
IMG_0008.jpg

my acan hillae REALLY bloated...heh..he's been pushing some new ground with his puffiness these days....i keep him well fed
wink.gif

IMG_0011.jpg

cool shot of my grandis (starting to bud again!), with the hillae in the back
smile.gif

IMG_0014-1.jpg

Zach.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome acan! Any updated FTS?? :D

OP
OP
Patwa

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks racermike! ;) I just acquired that xenia...i'm loving it, too!.....it came from a local reefer who suposedly got it from some dude in Michigan ;)

Hey Rev.....tank hasn't changed much from the last FTS ;) but i'll see what I can do this week...maybe i'll try a new angle! LOL

Zach

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back