My monti fell

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rikerbear
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2013
Messages
1,055
Reaction score
6
Location
Seattle
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advise on how to reattach a monti frag?
I got a 2" frag that was glued to a piece of rubble. I encased the rubble in reef epoxy and attached the whole thing (I thought) to live rock.
Tonight it appears the epoxy didn't hold and the frag was resting on the sand.
Can I just add more epoxy and try again?
 
Try mixing a little super glue gel with the epoxy. You can also put some super glue on the rubble rock before the epoxy and the same on the underside of the monti.
 
I wasn't very clear really....the epoxy is still firmly attached to the rubble, and the monti is still firmly attached to the rubble. The epoxy let loose of the live rock. I just wonder if I can use more epoxy on the epoxy and try to reattach it to the live rock.
 
Oh okay....didn't know the gel would work on the epoxy. I will try that. Thanks :smile:
 
The gel seems to be holding. :bigsmile:
Thanks for the tips!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new