My more recent wacky lighting idea.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We read a lot about shading esp with many many of the LEDs out there Like Radions and Hydras. Wellllll. I have been thinking about such and how it could be got round in a simple achievable way. The idea I came up with would be a curved fixture as per the drawing below. I think I have overdone the number if LEDs, half of what I have drawn would do but hopefully you get the idea. My idea would of course require a bit more work to make it aesthetically pleasing but I think it would work, well the front curve anyway.
20200222_150258.jpg

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty simple to do, you can buy led strips like RB lumenbars and diy a bracket for the curve. I believe reefbrite does this

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kind of an ingenious idea. It's very similar to a "line array" speaker system used for concerts etc... In the audio realm, the curvature smoothes out the overlap between speaker cabinets, so there's not "holes" in the program(music). In your idea it would overlap light spectrum but you'ld need a par meter to calculate the angle(s) as to not over concentrate light & spectrum to one point.

OP
OP
atoll

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's kind of an ingenious idea. It's very similar to a "line array" speaker system used for concerts etc... In the audio realm, the curvature smoothes out the overlap between speaker cabinets, so there's not "holes" in the program(music). In your idea it would overlap light spectrum but you'ld need a par meter to calculate the angle(s) as to not over concentrate light & spectrum to one point.
Very true hence why I would suggest it would need a fair bit of testing not least of which with a PAR meter but spread would also have to be played with but any manufacturer could soon determine the best curve and number of LEDs etc required I would think.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back