My Mushroom Garden Table Saga 2.0 build thread

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah. Love my lawn mover. He has been in 8 frag tanks and is the same as the springeri. Always runs down when startled and not up.
Great news. I'll reluctantly be making a top out of the screen anyways because I don't want any carpet surfers and I plan to run the water line up pretty high.

I think I'll be starting with those two and some small snails and see how it goes.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah. Love my lawn mover. He has been in 8 frag tanks and is the same as the springeri. Always runs down when startled and not up.
I did try a lawnmower in my tables only took him a cpl days and found him about clear across the room. They can definitely get airborne if they want to.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did try a lawnmower in my tables only took him a cpl days and found him about clear across the room. They can definitely get airborne if they want to.
Wow. I have never had one jump. But fish be like people. All different.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I have never had one jump. But fish be like people. All different.
Most definetely. Could be the absence of serious top water movement accompanied by only 6-7 inches of water total. These tables are super shallow.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most definetely. Could be the absence of serious top water movement accompanied by only 6-7 inches of water total. These tables are super shallow.
ohh, I didn’t realize only 6-7” deep. That’s hard even with snails alone. You would have to make a rim or dead snails all over the floor.

My most shallow frag tank is 10” to the waters top with a 1” sand bed.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lost in the Sauce you may be totally fine with the spray bar up top.
I'll be honest its probably something I should try or at least should have tried. Kinda jelly I didn't think of it first haha.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohh, I didn’t realize only 6-7” deep. That’s hard even with snails alone. You would have to make a rim or dead snails all over the floor.

My most shallow frag tank is 10” to the waters top with a 1” sand bed.
Yes quite limited with snails even.
What kind of tables are you running to get that kind of depth? Mama gave me green light:) I only want to do this one more time haha

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes quite limited with snails even.
What kind of tables are you running to get that kind of depth? Mama gave me green light:) I only want to do this one more time haha
All of my stuff is glass or acrylic. 2x glass cages custom frag tanks and a who knows what acrylic one I picked up super cheap.

I also run Rubbermaid water troughs. I think the 55 gallon is 11-12” deep. Have to check on that lol.

This summer I am going to be looking to have glass cages build me a new frag tank.

think a boxed “U”. Basically like the below crappy letter drawing lol

———————————-
l l
l . —————— l
l l. l l
l l l l
———- ——

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of my stuff is glass or acrylic. 2x glass cages custom frag tanks and a who knows what acrylic one I picked up super cheap.

I also run Rubbermaid water troughs. I think the 55 gallon is 11-12” deep. Have to check on that lol.

This summer I am going to be looking to have glass cages build me a new frag tank.

———————————-
l l
l . —————— l
l l. l l
l l l l
———- ——
Well that didn’t post right lol.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

———————————-
l l
l . —————— l
l l. l l
l l l l
———- ——
Ahhhhh i thought you where trying to speak morse or computer code to me for a sec hahahaha. This is exactly what im aiming for far as foot print in fish room.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude it was right for a minute then got stuck back in the matrix somehow.
Totally crazy
Excel ftw lol. This right here. All one tank with closed loop and zero powerheads in it.

14 left to right, 3 feet deep and 6’ out from longest pane where “overflows” is written to the bottom of the picture. This should allow for it to fit onto a custom pallet I will build and then allow me to carry on my trailer. Getting in the fish barn will be due to the way I build the pallet. It’s all in my head, just have to get it to Joe Tom figure out how we do it lol. They are local (about 45 minutes away), so when I get time gonna head over there and work it all out lol.

7AF87D16-74E7-4F06-A180-D6F477C19BB7.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lost in the Sauce you may be totally fine with the spray bar up top.
I'll be honest its probably something I should try or at least should have tried. Kinda jelly I didn't think of it first haha.
Now to decide if I make it from pvc to hang over the end, or drill the back for the return and plumb it into there. Ones a lot easier, one looks way better and I have to buy the bit and bulkhead...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excel ftw lol. This right here. All one tank with closed loop and zero powerheads in it.

14 left to right, 3 feet deep and 6’ out from longest pane where “overflows” is written to the bottom of the picture. This should allow for it to fit onto a custom pallet I will build and then allow me to carry on my trailer. Getting in the fish barn will be due to the way I build the pallet. It’s all in my head, just have to get it to Joe Tom figure out how we do it lol. They are local (about 45 minutes away), so when I get time gonna head over there and work it all out lol.

7AF87D16-74E7-4F06-A180-D6F477C19BB7.jpeg
Lol I promise you it did post as U for a split second. Thats awesome man I have same plan but doing it with tables I guess. Thats going to be epic man.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to decide if I make it from pvc to hang over the end, or drill the back for the return and plumb it into there. Ones a lot easier, one looks way better and I have to buy the bit and bulkhead...
Build inside bro. Your gonna want to be able to adjust flow im sure. I think your gonna get to much out of return.
Id go with simple power head with adjustable flow in corner.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I promise you it did post as U for a split second. Thats awesome man I have same plan but doing it with tables I guess. Thats going to be epic man.
Wife is game for it, as it is in the fish barn. Only condition is that my bonuses pay for it. That’s how we roll her bonuses are whatever she wants and mine are for whatever I want lol.

I am game for it, as it is only 1 tank, I can divide it up with egg crate if I want to and it reduces the amount of equipment as a whole. 3 large frag tanks setup is 3 of everything. I can just combine lights and then consolidate down to a single return, single closed loop pump and single skimmer. Less maintenance also lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build inside bro. Your gonna want to be able to adjust flow im sure. I think your gonna get to much out of return.
Id go with simple power head with adjustable flow in corner.
If I go with the FX4 on this I will definitely have to throttle back with the output valve. Too much flow. If I run down to a small sump with just live rock small skimmer and return pump, I'll just size the pump appropriately. Thoughts between the two?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife is game for it, as it is in the fish barn. Only condition is that my bonuses pay for it. That’s how we roll her bonuses are whatever she wants and mine are for whatever I want lol.

I am game for it, as it is only 1 tank, I can divide it up with egg crate if I want to and it reduces the amount of equipment as a whole. 3 large frag tanks setup is 3 of everything. I can just combine lights and then consolidate down to a single return, single closed loop pump and single skimmer. Less maintenance also lol.
Totally man much more efficient.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I go with the FX4 on this I will definitely have to throttle back with the output valve. Too much flow. If I run down to a small sump with just live rock small skimmer and return pump, I'll just size the pump appropriately. Thoughts between the two?
I like sump with a dc controllable pump. For my frag tanks, I run oversized Simplicity pumps (jebao with a 3 year warranty and US support). They work great and you can turn them down. Also allows for all equipment to be in sump.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like sump with a dc controllable pump. For my frag tanks, I run oversized Simplicity pumps (jebao with a 3 year warranty and US support). They work great and you can turn them down. Also allows for all equipment to be in sump.
Turn way down makes them last longer also and generates less heat.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back