My name is W1ngz and I'm a lazy reefer...

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happened earlier this afternoon. It's Sunday, my usual tank maintenance day. It's also the first really nice, warm and sunny summer afternoon of the season. I can hear the kids playing outside, the windows are open, there's a breeze. The pool is finally a nice clear blue, instead of the early spring semi green-brown swamp it's been since the thaw. My mind wanders off to taking the dog to the dog park, or stripping the top off the jeep and going for the long drive along the lake road. Then one more thought crosses my mind...

It's just one water change. You can skip it this once.

But I can't skip it. Sure, one missed water change isn't going to be the end of it all, but allowing that thought to become reality, to become true... I'll be fighting this fight every week until October.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends how old the tank is? More than a year, you can skip a few throughout the summer it'll be fine

OP
OP
W1ngz

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends how old the tank is? More than a year, you can skip a few throughout the summer it'll be fine

There's some nuance to my post. This has everything to do with self-discipline, and nothing to do with water changes. lol
Skip one, and the chances go up to skip the next one. And the next. Then at one BBQ or on a day trip, you realize you've gone a month.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go months sometimes, cos yes I am lazy and don't care what anyone thinks.

OP
OP
W1ngz

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I miss my jeep..... I can only have one hobby that encompasses every last drop of my disposable income though.......

Tell me about it... though I chose not to do too many upgrades on her. She was last year’s project, a salvage rescue that became my daily driver.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't done a water change in almost 2 years. Just add red sea abcd once a month. Have no controller's and such. My tank is pretty heavily stocked with corals and fish all doing great. A missed water change here and there is not that big of a deal.
20190524_161242.jpg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's some nuance to my post. This has everything to do with self-discipline, and nothing to do with water changes. lol
Skip one, and the chances go up to skip the next one. And the next. Then at one BBQ or on a day trip, you realize you've gone a month.

It's either WC or mow the lawn today...after work that is. I'm at one month since last WC. It's not really the WC I'm slipping on, it is all the other tinkering I want to do, like install a new sump, move some frags around, maybe make new frags, kill some mushrooms and aiptasia.

I also have to put a garden in, perfect weather for that.

Back