My new addition!! Mccosker flasher Wrasse

ScottyMcReefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2010
Messages
729
Reaction score
31
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasse.jpg
I got myself a nice Mccosker flasher Wrasse today. A GREAT!!!! price to say the least......20$ (No, not because its half dead lol.Cause im a nice guy :wink:)
 
One of my favorite wrasses, be sure to have a lid as they are excellent jumpers, one of mine made it through a half inch opening :(
 
I just got some clear mesh from BRS to make a top for mine, as I'll be adding a wrasses soon. I got the 1/4" screen. Not a bad price, since from what I've read, its usually sold in bulk. Also check Acroholic's for sale thread, as he's selling it as well.

Fantastic wrasse, I've been debating on getting a cheaper one plus a Rhomboid instead of two expensive ones. The McCosker is def. high on the list. Gook luck with him.
 
i heard some plastic mesh for keeping birds out of your plants.....idk where id find this. Menards?
 
I read that somewhere too but after getting the mesh from BRS, I knew it was the right choice. I'm actually going to make my frame out of acrylic square rod 1/3" thick. I hope by doing this it'll keep the rimless look, while providing protection for my new wrasses.

A lot of people use screen frame and corners you can get at hardware stores. I wish I was running a normal tank so I could make the frame to sit in the black frame on the top.
 
Im no noob when acclimating fish but.....Should i be worried that this wrasse like buried half of its body behind my rockwork? I have no threats and im sure hes a little scared. But burying itself? Never knew a wrasse does such a thing.
 
Pretty common in wrasses from what I know. Many wrasses actually sleep buried in the sand like that, or go into hiding when frightened. I don't have much experience with a Flasher wrasse, but I would think its normal.
 
Pretty common in wrasses from what I know. Many wrasses actually sleep buried in the sand like that, or go into hiding when frightened. I don't have much experience with a Flasher wrasse, but I would think its normal.
Thanks man, give or take 3-4 days until he gets adjusted and explores my tank?
 
You will need a cover quick, or you wont have 3 or 4 days . Any little thing will set him flying. Trust me. 1/4 inch like btkrausen mentioned is the best for flashers. anything larger and they will get through.
 
Nope. 1/4 inch clear mesh as stated above. Either from BRS or Acroholic, a member here. He gets the size you need and its in the mail to you asap.
I have many wrasses, 6 flashers and its the best I've found to keep these guys in the water. I haven't lost one since I switched almost 2 years ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new