My new addition!! Mccosker flasher Wrasse

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasse.jpg
I got myself a nice Mccosker flasher Wrasse today. A GREAT!!!! price to say the least......20$ (No, not because its half dead lol.Cause im a nice guy :wink:)

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite wrasses, be sure to have a lid as they are excellent jumpers, one of mine made it through a half inch opening :(

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some clear mesh from BRS to make a top for mine, as I'll be adding a wrasses soon. I got the 1/4" screen. Not a bad price, since from what I've read, its usually sold in bulk. Also check Acroholic's for sale thread, as he's selling it as well.

Fantastic wrasse, I've been debating on getting a cheaper one plus a Rhomboid instead of two expensive ones. The McCosker is def. high on the list. Gook luck with him.

OP
OP
ScottyMcReefer

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard some plastic mesh for keeping birds out of your plants.....idk where id find this. Menards?

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that somewhere too but after getting the mesh from BRS, I knew it was the right choice. I'm actually going to make my frame out of acrylic square rod 1/3" thick. I hope by doing this it'll keep the rimless look, while providing protection for my new wrasses.

A lot of people use screen frame and corners you can get at hardware stores. I wish I was running a normal tank so I could make the frame to sit in the black frame on the top.

OP
OP
ScottyMcReefer

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no noob when acclimating fish but.....Should i be worried that this wrasse like buried half of its body behind my rockwork? I have no threats and im sure hes a little scared. But burying itself? Never knew a wrasse does such a thing.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty common in wrasses from what I know. Many wrasses actually sleep buried in the sand like that, or go into hiding when frightened. I don't have much experience with a Flasher wrasse, but I would think its normal.

OP
OP
ScottyMcReefer

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty common in wrasses from what I know. Many wrasses actually sleep buried in the sand like that, or go into hiding when frightened. I don't have much experience with a Flasher wrasse, but I would think its normal.
Thanks man, give or take 3-4 days until he gets adjusted and explores my tank?

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need a cover quick, or you wont have 3 or 4 days . Any little thing will set him flying. Trust me. 1/4 inch like btkrausen mentioned is the best for flashers. anything larger and they will get through.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. 1/4 inch clear mesh as stated above. Either from BRS or Acroholic, a member here. He gets the size you need and its in the mail to you asap.
I have many wrasses, 6 flashers and its the best I've found to keep these guys in the water. I haven't lost one since I switched almost 2 years ago.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back