my new baby... AKA The Café

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what's going to make it such a fun project.
Man, you fellows are such enablers here! I'm enough of an engineer and DIY-er that I will probably still give it a try!
...depending on how expensive shipping might be for flat glass pieces from @Joe Glass Cages , since I think the glass route may be better anyways! DIY QT compartments seem to be holding a steady place right now in my tentative priorities.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, you fellows are such enablers here! I'm enough of an engineer and DIY-er that I will probably still give it a try!
...depending on how expensive shipping might be for flat glass pieces from @Joe Glass Cages , since I think the glass route may be better anyways! DIY QT compartments seem to be holding a steady place right now in my tentative priorities.
Hey, @fishguy242 , I thought you said you had to go?
Why you still reacting to posts? :D

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1628096198423.png

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another diy project I’m contemplating…and I also have no business attempting on my own…

Changing the carpet in our family room. Not sure if I’d do carpet again as long term plan is some sort of wood or laminate….but yeah. My four legged hooligans have done a number.

figured do this myself would be a my surprise gift for the Fiancé

James Harden Reaction GIF by NBA

flourishofmediocrity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another diy project I’m contemplating…and I also have no business attempting on my own…

Changing the carpet in our family room. Not sure if I’d do carpet again as long term plan is some sort of wood or laminate….but yeah. My four legged hooligans have done a number.

I've been contemplating this as well for my home office.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My unsolicited $0.02... with how low the cost of install is at places like Home Depot and Lowe's when you buy it there, It's probably not even worth it for you to buy the necessary tools to install the carpet yourself.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My unsolicited $0.02... with how low the cost of install is at places like Home Depot and Lowe's when you buy it there, It's probably not even worth it for you to buy the necessary tools to install the carpet yourself.
This right here!!!!!! I can do flooring witrh no issues, but we found the flooring we liked at Lowes and a good price. It was 99 a room to get it installed. Way easier than buying all the stuff to cut it correctly, etc. etc.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This right here!!!!!! I can do flooring witrh no issues, but we found the flooring we liked at Lowes and a good price. It was 99 a room to get it installed. Way easier than buying all the stuff to cut it correctly, etc. etc.

I post these things in here specifically for that free 2 pennies Mr. L Sauwce

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's already been said, but it is rarely worth it for carpet specifically and often may not be worth it for other flooring types.
I refinished the wood floors in my house, but I made a lot of beginner mistakes. This type of work is also little material cost and mostly labor, so I saved a lot of money by spending my time.

With carpet, there are still a lot of issues that an experienced layer can avoid and the material is the main cost with minimal labor cost. I've learned and been advised to leave carpet to the professional with the tools and experience.

I've been contemplating this as well for my home office.
I'm a DIY-er, but carpet is a case in my opinion where it is best left to the professionals since the labor is relatively cheap and still requires a fair bit of experience to do properly.

+1 agreed, and...

+1 again!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 136 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back