my new baby... AKA The Café

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ocean. 33lbs of KP aquatics premium live rock. Easily in the top five best birthday presents I’ve gotten in my 31 years
Thats goals right there. That’s like my romantic relationship goals. Only kinda flowers I want are the rock anemones.

Have you sent pictures to Steve? if you wanna know more send us both close ups. It looked like a Floridian coral from the get go.
I’m about to order rock from KP! I’m so excited!!! I only have Floridian and Caribbean corals so the rock will complete the Biotope other than a fish.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats goals right there. That’s like my romantic relationship goals. Only kinda flowers I want are the rock anemones.

Have you sent pictures to Steve? if you wanna know more send us both close ups. It looked like a Floridian coral from the get go.
I’m about to order rock from KP! I’m so excited!!! I only have Floridian and Caribbean corals so the rock will complete the Biotope other than a fish.

oh man I need to check out your build. That’s so freaking cool. And nah I haven’t sent Steve any pics. Feeling silly now.

as far as close ups, those are actually pretty close up. Hard to get any better with my phone. I’ll try and get better tomorrow when lights come one.

I’m super excited though. I thought it looked odd for a sponge but I don’t know much about sponges so I figured it was probably just a species I didn’t know. If it is a coral I’m going to probably have my head explode from geeking out about it.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two patches of it on different rocks….

@Eagle_Steve what do you think? It’s from the keys
3C503A10-EA4E-4C86-86F4-DAB523A3C567.jpeg

Attachments

• 8F5EA8AD-F719-4907-90F0-FD336CDD1048.jpeg
    8F5EA8AD-F719-4907-90F0-FD336CDD1048.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 34

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man I need to check out your build. That’s so freaking cool. And nah I haven’t sent Steve any pics. Feeling silly now.

as far as close ups, those are actually pretty close up. Hard to get any better with my phone. I’ll try and get better tomorrow when lights come one.

I’m super excited though. I thought it looked odd for a sponge but I don’t know much about sponges so I figured it was probably just a species I didn’t know. If it is a coral I’m going to probably have my head explode from geeking out about it.
Lmbo don’t get your hopes up my build is boring atm mostly cause I stay in pms

I’m preeetty sure it’s a coral.

I’m not Steve but I’m interested and want to help. It lowkey reminds me of Porites asteroides the way it spreads over rock but it’s not lumpy. The polyps also look different but it’s hard to see the polyps in your pic
7EB2CDA1-FED3-4963-B6BD-21FB5DB9F372.jpeg

4060F015-52D9-4069-BB2E-625510AC42C6.jpeg
But even then the color is still off, I know it’s commonly called mustard hill coral cause sometimes it’s mustard yellow. But I don’t think it’s starlet coral because starlet polyps are very pronounced

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lmbo don’t get your hopes up my build is boring atm mostly cause I stay in pms

I’m preeetty sure it’s a coral.

I’m not Steve but I’m interested and want to help. It lowkey reminds me of Porites asteroides but it’s not lumpy. It’s hard to see the polyps.
7EB2CDA1-FED3-4963-B6BD-21FB5DB9F372.jpeg

4060F015-52D9-4069-BB2E-625510AC42C6.jpeg
But the color is still off, I know it’s commonly called mustard hill coral cause sometimes it’s mustard yellow. But I don’t think it’s starlet coral because starlet polyps are very pronounced

its pretty orange in color. It seems to have knobs almost like certain montiporas. One sec. Going to try for better pics

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let me get back to my pc later and I will look. Shoot me some pics via PM, so I dont forget lol.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: rfa jumped ship. Not sure where it is now, I have at least three that look very similar.

Stunner is getting out of hand. I need to trim for @Lost in the Sauce
PXL_20220126_011731951.jpg

Got my oxydator back online and it's nice to have clear glass without cleaning again!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me get back to my pc later and I will look. Shoot me some pics via PM, so I dont forget lol.
But a few things off the top of my head and the spelling may be wrong lol.

Solesnastrea bournoni

Orbicella faveolata

Porites astreoides (already mentioned, but there are quite a few colors and this coral is not full classified yet beyond porites)

Siderastrea siderea or Siderastrea radians More than likely not either of these, as I have the latter and when retracted, it is very easy to ID.

Google those and pray my spelling is correct lol. Compare some and let me know.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Solesnastrea bournoni

Orbicella faveolata

Porites astreoides (already mentioned, but there are quite a few colors and this coral is not full classified yet beyond porites)

Siderastrea siderea or Siderastrea radians More than likely not either of these, as I have the latter and when retracted, it is very easy to ID.

Siderastrea is the genus of starlet coral I mentioned too, they’re my favorite stoney corals in Florida so friggin pretty

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Solesnastrea bournoni

Orbicella faveolata

spelling was pretty darn correct. First one was off by one letter. But I’m thinking the first two you mentioned. Leaning towards number one but still not completely sure

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
spelling was pretty darn correct. First one was off by one letter. But I’m thinking the first two you mentioned. Leaning towards number one but still not completely sure
I vote tunicates

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back