my new baby... AKA The Café

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to do it, to try it out and see how well it works. BUT - I really don't want to add another thing to maintain.

kevin spacey im looking for the least possible amount of responsibility GIF by The Good Films
I’m gonna run it for a few days, probably till Saturday and then remove it and place it back in my sump. But turned off. I don’t think your supposed to run it full time. I need to add more pods to my system and don’t need them getting trapped in it! That and I don’t care for the look of it in my display. Hopefully it does a good job! I don’t run a skimmer or anything else. I’ve also determined this pump will make a good back up incase my main return pump goes out. I may try and run it monthly or randomly when it seems the crud is building up

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m gonna run it for a few days, probably till Saturday and then remove it and place it back in my sump. But turned off. I don’t think your supposed to run it full time. I need to add more pods to my system and don’t need them getting trapped in it! That and I don’t care for the look of it in my display. Hopefully it does a good job! I don’t run a skimmer or anything else. I’ve also determined this pump will make a good back up incase my main return pump goes out. I may try and run it monthly or randomly when it seems the crud is building up
Yes, the look of it in my display was my other big concern (after temp increase - I don't run a heater to begin with because it's simply not needed in FL) I was thinking about a set up like that, just turn it on periodically, etc. I'll keep following along with your journey to see if there's a significant difference in clarity/etc with it.

I have a skimmer, since adding the filter roller mat and getting my ats really going it doesn't do much. I think I empty it every 2 weeks now (which is a huge change from every 2-3 days!)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they’ll eat I plan on feeding my corals once or twice a week.

heck, if I end up having shrimp, hermits, etc, I’ll feed them too.

I’m honestly fascinated by all the creatures we can keep
feed my suns, duncans, blastos, chilis & leathers daily.

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted in an emergency thread about softies possibly letting go, currently going through this due to the big (12") finger leather letting go, I basically said do fresh carbon, I changed mine yesterday, it would help instantly, wonder when that will show.
Pic from this morning in case you missed it.

DSC_0034 (2) (1024x683).jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says ours shipped but you know how long that takes ;Facepalm ;Hilarious
I mean... You live on an island... Glowing with torches... I'd take my time crossing the moat as well.

Let me know how the fit is when it comes in. I'm Always between sizes and usually order the wrong size the first time.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean... You live on an island... Glowing with torches... I'd take my time crossing the moat as well.

Let me know how the fit is when it comes in. I'm Always between sizes and usually order the wrong size the first time.
I get a medium usually, but a large for "vendor" type free shirts because they shrink a little. I got a large and I'd say this is right in between.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. Here's your daily sexy update.
Apparently the second one that I thought had been eaten by the clowns somehow survived ?! I didn't stick around to see the finishing blow I just assumed it was a goner.
Sooooo, yup they're both in the filter sock again.
Im not sure what to do about this?
It seems they're choosing to end up in there. For safety maybe? Should I just let them live in there until they're bigger, I mean there is food in there right? I change my sock every 4 days so im going to have to do something I guess.

Any thoughts ?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok. Here's your daily sexy update.
Apparently the second one that I thought had been eaten by the clowns somehow survived ?! I didn't stick around to see the finishing blow I just assumed it was a goner.
Sooooo, yup they're both in the filter sock again.
Im not sure what to do about this?
It seems they're choosing to end up in there. For safety maybe? Should I just let them live in there until they're bigger, I mean there is food in there right? I change my sock every 4 days so im going to have to do something I guess.

Any thoughts ?
Why not let them hang in the sump rather than in the filter sock?

Are they small enough to go through the weirs or going over the top?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back