my new baby... AKA The Café

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump per se. It's an AIO, so ya, they're going through the weir (I guess it's called) which leads straight into the filter sock. These things are really tiny. My middle compartment, which is quite a big bigger, houses a bag of carbon, some biospheres and the heater. Hmmm maybe they'd like in
t better in there?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No sump per se. It's an AIO, so ya, they're going through the weir (I guess it's called) which leads straight into the filter sock. These things are really tiny. My middle compartment, which is quite a big bigger, houses a bag of carbon, some biospheres and the heater. Hmmm maybe they'd like in
t better in there?
Hmmm. That does complicate it a bit..

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's a good idea!!
Definitely leading the pack .
Thanks!
Just thinking forward a bit, if the clowns are hunting them and pushing them up into the filter, the acclimation box may just be a bandaid. I doubt you want an acrylic box in the display section full time. Wouldn't they just be back in the filter sock in a week after coming out of the box?

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thinking forward a bit, if the clowns are hunting them and pushing them up into the filter, the acclimation box may just be a bandaid. I doubt you want an acrylic box in the display section full time. Wouldn't they just be back in the filter sock in a week after coming out of the box?

Very true. I wouldn't consider it a longterm solution. Really my goal right now is simply to keep them alive until they've grown enough to take care of themselves. This may happen in the filter sock or the rear chamber or in a box. Maybe some thin mesh to cover the escape slots in the tank? I dunno how to proceed honestly. I don't want to throw them to the wolves but on the other hand I didn't get them to live where I cant see them.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true. I wouldn't consider it a longterm solution. Really my goal right now is simply to keep them alive until they've grown enough to take care of themselves. This may happen in the filter sock or the rear chamber or in a box. Maybe some thin mesh to cover the escape slots in the tank? I dunno how to proceed honestly. I don't want to throw them to the wolves but on the other hand I didn't get them to live where I cant see them.
This makes sense to me.

Hang on mesh breeder box would keep them alive, you'd just need to feed them as well.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take them! Haha.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live!!

So, um, we just had a flat tire on our van. Luckily we were kinda close to our house - about 1.5 miles away.

So I ran up to our house (on the crazy hilly gravel road) and got the ATV, the jack, and the green sealant. Luckily our new neighbors (we literally stopped right in front of their house) offered to help. He had an air compressor on him, which we were super grateful for.

Anyway, all is good. We go to Walmart tomorrow to get the tire fixed. ;Blackeye ;Facepalm ;Hurting;Shifty;Wideyed

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*when your ricordea is so big, it starts to look like your hammer;Cyclops
0A81BEE5-08DB-4B32-99C5-6725B79459F8.jpeg
82150FF5-3D01-4C62-A1D0-3655ECA27BC6.jpeg

;Hilarious;Facepalm

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really is a nice looking RickyRicardo! How long have you had it James?
Thanks!

I’ve only had it for around 2 weeks, but my LFS has had it for over 3 months, lol.

I had my eye on it every single time I went into my LFS, but I found something I wanted better. I was surprised when it was still there the day I bought it!

Anyway, I love ‘em. :)

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful!!

Do you suggest adding carbon? I know it will remove tanis in freshwater tanks, but what does it do in SW tanks?

Carbon takes out toxins and impurities from the water, such as those produced by leather corals for example.
It's so easy just to put a half cup in a mesh bag and throw it in.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back