my new euphyllia

spartanfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if this is a frogspawn or a torch, but I absolutely love the color!! neon green with white tips, really cool. I am hoping my clown will start hosting in it, he has already shown a little bit of preliminary interest :)

100_1175.jpg

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Torch for sure. Beautiful color morph. :) Be careful. They stretch out more than any other euphyllia as far as stinging other corals.

OP
OP
spartanfish

spartanfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the heads up, i tried to position it as far from my other corals as possible!

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a helpful tip (if it helps) If you find it getting agressive you can throw it on the far side of your tank with the water flow blowing the sweepers into the side glass of the tank instead of onto your other coral-that always worked for me when i used to keep those corals back when

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh they are vicious. I can't wait to get my 90 gal up so I can get my orange tipped torch out of the 30. He likes to "reach out and touch" too many of his fellow corals. Let me tell you, you will be amazed at how far they can stretch those tentacles.

Sandy

OP
OP
spartanfish

spartanfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have it on the far side of my tank and sort of pointing towards the glass. I'm only going to let it get big enough for my clown to host in, then probably keep it fragged so it doesnt get out of control. i hope it doesn't get toooo viscious because it's too cool to get rid of :D
The only coral other than zoas that I'd think it's close enough to reach out to would be a piece of acan... supposing it stung part of the acan, would the whole coral be likely to die?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back