H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I had a couple of setbacks.

First I had both top braces break on the 225 Thursday night. More about that in another thread.

Next, I started filling the frag tank and the bulkhead fitting on the return line started leaking. On further investigation I realized that I had the gasket on the wrong side of the glass. Since the bulkhead fitting was not threaded, I had glued a piece of pipe into both ends. That meant that I could not get the nut off (and reuse it). With the help of Mr. Dremel it turned loose. Luckily I found another one at the Aquarium Shop. It was threaded (I think they all should be).
frag_tank8.jpg

The lights installed in the hood.
frag_tank9.jpg

And with the hood installed and lights on. I don't have quite enough water in the sump to run the return pump and connect the heaters.
frag_tank10.jpg

TritonsGarden

Coral Farmer Wannabe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harry,

Sorry to hear about your 225. I'm off work tomorrow and would be glad to come help any way I can. Just let me know.

Jack

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here a few "mine canaries"
frag_tank11.jpg

Some rubble from the other tanks. I'm hoping this will be sufficient for my biological filter.
frag_tank12.jpg

OP
OP
H@rry

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of doing the same thing on the DT if I could find a good easy way to do frequent small water changes.

Well, the way I do it is put 5 gallons of RO/DI water in a bucket with 3 cups of salt. Put a powerhead in and plug it up. Next day siphon 5 gallons of water out of the display and pour it down the drain. Take the powerhead out of the bucket of water and pour it in the display. Do that every Tuesday. Pretty simple.

:bigsmile:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back