My new Gem Tang!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed LRS frozen food but also pellets… I will now stop lol. I’m gonna look into nori, any specific brand ? Thanks !
I still feed pellets but more as a treat. As far as nori I've been feeding this stuff from amazon. It's cheaper than fish branded nori and the fish love it. When I had triggers that would eat it also.
Screenshot_20231013_103109_Amazon Shopping.jpg

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still feed pellets but more as a treat. As far as nori I've been feeding this stuff from amazon. It's cheaper than fish branded nori and the fish love it. When I had triggers that would eat it also.
Screenshot_20231013_103109_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Cool thank you! And how much are you feeding per day total, including everything. Thank you!

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thank you! And how much are you feeding per day total, including everything. Thank you!
I probably don't feed nori as often as I should. I feed a few times a week. The ones I buy are 1/2 sheets and the fish demolish a full one in minutes but I have 5 fairly large tangs. I feed frozen twice a day. I don't really measure but I pretty much flood the tank so it looks like a snow storm. I feed heavy and like it to blow around so the corals and nems get some as well.
The tank with tangs is 8 years old so it handles the heavy feeding without throwing things out of wack. I also toss in pellets a few times a day. The tangs beg more than my dogs. They actually know when I'm getting the pellets out from under the tank and they get excited and all start swimming in circles. And people think fish are dumb lol.

Just a quick snap shot. This is my gang. They just saw me get the jar of pellets out
20231013_140811.jpg

OP
OP
iwnltom

iwnltom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I probably don't feed nori as often as I should. I feed a few times a week. The ones I buy are 1/2 sheets and the fish demolish a full one in minutes but I have 5 fairly large tangs. I feed frozen twice a day. I don't really measure but I pretty much flood the tank so it looks like a snow storm. I feed heavy and like it to blow around so the corals and nems get some as well.
The tank with tangs is 8 years old so it handles the heavy feeding without throwing things out of wack. I also toss in pellets a few times a day. The tangs beg more than my dogs. They actually know when I'm getting the pellets out from under the tank and they get excited and all start swimming in circles. And people think fish are dumb lol.

Just a quick snap shot. This is my gang. They just saw me get the jar of pellets out
20231013_140811.jpg
Wow such a beautiful tank!! And them knowing your getting them food made me laugh lol I’m not quite there yet… I’m a newer tank do you have a recommendation on how much and how to feed frozen without throwing my stuff out of whack? Thanks a lot!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back