My new Maxima!

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Very Nice! I've been trying to find one myself w/ no luck....
 
Thanks guys, if you are looking for a clam shoot me a pm with a description of what you are looking for and I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya!
 
You know I love that clam ever since I seen the first picture of it!haha!

Nice one!
 
lol, figures! that's where I usually see them at- I had to buy my own RO unit cause going to that shop every week for water was way too painful on my wallet. I don't think I ever left with just water, with things like that maxima staring at me, how could i?
 
LOL Brian, it came from a shop 5 min away from your house!

Ouch, that must hurt! Do you mind if I ask what one of those costs? I'm guessing that they are out of my range :(

CJ
 
Nice clam at a good price, I have been wanting to get a clam for a long time, it is pretty much the only coral i havent tried

bob
 
Thanks Lee, Maxima's get up to about 12" but they are fairly slow growers. From what you said you want I would recommend ether a Maxima or a Crocea. Max size on a Crocea would be about 6" and they are extremely slow growers.



Maximas rarely get larger than 7 inches..... but a very nice clam nontheless...... the blk and whites are the "holy grail" of ornamental clams...good luck
 
That's an awesome looking clam you picked up. If you can, can you post or PM me some of the vendors that would have something like that so I can keep an eye out for one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new