my new Odontanthias Borbonius

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kigs!
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've seen this specimen and here's a picture I took of it while at our local LFS ReefRaft in Toronto, Canada ...

IMG_4436.jpg


and I do believe they're from Vanuatu .. correct me if I'm wrong ... :horse:
Picture was taken in March, 2007.


HTH,
Paul
 
Ok I am going to try and find one now..........dang it...... :D
 
an old pic
borbgroup2.jpg


Very rare, but not as expensive as they were a year ago.

Steve, it's actually the opposite. The shipment you're referring to a year ago were actually distributed at a MUCH lower price. Now I see them going for anywhere from $200(fresh off the plane) to $600 (fully QTed).
 
Gastone - few came down with fungus infections and few recent ones I picked up perished all within five days. (but I think this was mostly due to a delayed flight) They seem to have very low tolerance for stress and aggressive tankmates. Ever since seperating them to their own 30 breeder "species" tank, they've been doing great. I'm running MJ900 for moderate flow (they don't seem to like the heavy flow all that much), and running an underrated heater to help with their coldwater preference. I've seen many others keep them in a mixed reef with success however, but in larger tanks 100+.

freeze - I've been just feeding them like I would feed any other anthias - several times a day in small amounts of flakes, and every other day with mysis and brine. They don't seem to go for cyclopeeze or any other small frozen food.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new