OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I decided I’m going to change things up a bit.
A while back, upgraded the lighting on my Evo 13.5. I love the new lighting but not the way I have it mounted. I originally modified the Evo lid to mount the new black box. Several problems with this are 1. I feel the light is a little too close to the water and I’m not getting the “shimmer” I want. 2. I’m not getting enough spread in the tank. 3. I have to remove the light and the lid to gain access to the tank.
The tank sits along a wall where my cuckoo clock ( genuine Black Forrest clock) is (was) hung. My wife brought up a good point. The evap moisture can’t possibly be good for the clock mounted above the tank.
I relocated the clock to another wall and ordered a set of cables to hang the light. I don’t want to suspend it from the ceiling so now I’m on the lookout for a creative way to do a wall mount.

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I decided I’m going to change things up a bit.
A while back, upgraded the lighting on my Evo 13.5. I love the new lighting but not the way I have it mounted. I originally modified the Evo lid to mount the new black box. Several problems with this are 1. I feel the light is a little too close to the water and I’m not getting the “shimmer” I want. 2. I’m not getting enough spread in the tank. 3. I have to remove the light and the lid to gain access to the tank.
The tank sits along a wall where my cuckoo clock ( genuine Black Forrest clock) is (was) hung. My wife brought up a good point. The evap moisture can’t possibly be good for the clock mounted above the tank.
I relocated the clock to another wall and ordered a set of cables to hang the light. I don’t want to suspend it from the ceiling so now I’m on the lookout for a creative way to do a wall mount.
Assuming you still like the light and tank inhabitants doing well?

In the past I've used decorative plant hangers (depending on tank distance from the wall) and looked at designing a 80/20 mount.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming you still like the light and tank inhabitants doing well?

In the past I've used decorative plant hangers (depending on tank distance from the wall) and looked at designing a 80/20 mount.
Hey Big C!
Loving the light and everything seems super happy in their. I just took some macro pictures I’m about to post up here. Crazy but I can only upload one picture per post. I may have to contact an Admin person and ask what I’m doing wrong. Pix to follow!
B2D20EB6-3923-4465-897B-A28DE37A4588.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is Saturday! Anyone who’s been following this thread knows where Mike from TN goes on Saturdays. The LFS, that’s where!

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some new “goodies” today. Everything is still opening and the entire tank is ticked off from me working in there. I also got a Rasta frag but it’s still completely closed. I’ll snap a pic of that one later.
A632A5EF-BC9C-4A93-902A-80DBAAB61C05.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the two frags that are on plugs (one not pictured yet), will be transferred over to coralline purple plugs and placed in a magnetic frag rack. Rack is delayed in shipping. Maybe Monday!

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I have to move things around a bit. The 2 Zoa frags don’t seem too happy where they are. Too much light, too much flow, not really sure. Lights are about to ramp down so I’ll move them in the morning.
Ricordia rock need to go out further into the light so I’ll move it and put the 2 Zoa’s in its place till the rack gets here.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You Chrisfish! I need to take some time off, mainly to let the credit card cool off. I can only hide the statements from my wife for so long ya know! LOL! :p
Lol too funny, I just tell my husband, “ you need to understand, I’m such a good customer, they give me a great break :p

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light hanging kit will be here tomorrow. I’m going to have to “tweak” it a little to make it the way I want it. Looks to be a fun project. Kinda feel like I’m coming down with something so it might not get done tomorrow though.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Evo Goes Topless!
Figured out how I wanted the wall suspension and got the black box hanging today.
It’s officially rimless BUT my wife insists I set the lid back on it at night to keep the cats out.
A25814A7-2E46-4FAA-A800-04552A0C58CE.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.3%
Back