OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slight issue last night. I walked past the tank and noticed what looked like a new Zoa polyp on a piece of rock. A closer look revealed it was a Nudi. Never seen one that looked like this before.
With the help of some members here, it was identified as a nasty little Zoa eater.
Couldn't get it out with the long tweezers so I had to pull out the rock. By the time I got it out, he had crawled into a hole. Only a small piece of rock so no loss. It’s in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Hated to do it but couldn’t risk my colonies. RIP Nudi!
9F3FA4A1-1E76-4B8C-AA78-1A716C842D48.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed up the lighting inside my cabinet. RGB LED’s.
I like the blues best but they scramble the camera unless I use the reef lenses and I’m too lazy right now. LOL!
E46496A4-D126-4B9F-93D4-9DBB09D13CB5.jpeg

The greens look pretty cool!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slight issue last night. I walked past the tank and noticed what looked like a new Zoa polyp on a piece of rock. A closer look revealed it was a Nudi. Never seen one that looked like this before.
With the help of some members here, it was identified as a nasty little Zoa eater.
Couldn't get it out with the long tweezers so I had to pull out the rock. By the time I got it out, he had crawled into a hole. Only a small piece of rock so no loss. It’s in a ziplock bag in the freezer. Hated to do it but couldn’t risk my colonies. RIP Nudi!
9F3FA4A1-1E76-4B8C-AA78-1A716C842D48.jpeg
next time use a turkey baster and suck it out

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next time use a turkey baster and suck it out
I tried to do that with a syringe but it was too close to the bottom/ front of the tank. He went into a hole that was like a little tunnel facing upward. Sneaky little SOB! No real loss though, it was just a small piece of LR and not really a piece of the scape structure.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to do that with a syringe but it was too close to the bottom/ front of the tank. He went into a hole that was like a little tunnel facing upward. Sneaky little SOB! No real loss though, it was just a small piece of LR and not really a piece of the scape structure.
keep an eye out. my experience has been if there's one sighted there are more you haven't seen yet.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the new Sicce pump installed this morning. Decided to get some major-ish maintenance done while I was elbow deep in the chambers. Pulled out the InTank basket and cleaned it all up, replaced carbon, floss and ChemiPure and replaced the 50 micron pad. Pulled out the UV light and wiped down the sleeve/lens and cleaned the heater.
I did a head count and I seem to be missing a few blue legged hermits. I guess a trip to the LFS is in order for Saturday.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broke the new custom filter box cover that I made. URGH!
It was only 1/8” Lexan and started to sag in the middle. I don’t know what I was thinking but decided to “bend” it back into shape. SNAP!
Im in the process of making a new 1/2” thick cover out of oak. Custom to cover all wiring. It’s all cut and sanded and the first coats of marine varnish are drying now.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not lazy, just gotta have all the toys!
So, I dose 1ml Alk followed 20 minutes later by 1 ml Cal daily. The tank seems to be happy with this routine.
Why not just get a 2 channel dosing pump?
Im also having to top off with RO/DI daily ( about 2 quarts ) due to evap. I figured I could also use it a kind of a temporary ATO if we take weekend trips.
Ordered this today!
8F4E2190-8467-449F-8D1F-313E39EEB82B.png

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the dosing pump calibrated, programed and running. Set it @ 3ml each, 1X/day every OTHER day. Tested it out and it’s pumping EXACTLY 3ml.
5BDCF41B-8235-4B82-8C64-49D96258577C.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Sat down in front of the tank waiting for the new dosing pump to go off and nothing.
According to the instructions, to set interval days to every other day, it has to be on setting #2 for each pump head. NOPE!
Gotta love YouTube! Found the correct info there. Major typo in the instruction sheet.
Setting #2 is for every THIRD day!
Setting #0 is for every day
Setting #1 is for every OTHER day!
All fixed now to pump EOD.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some goodies at the LFS this morning. Beautiful Ausi green leather and a “blue eyed” somethingorother. I forget the name! The tank is upset with me right now so pictures will come later. Also got two shrimp. A blood red and a scarlet skunk. They have been in the same tank together for a while with no problems so they “should” be okay.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new leather is starting to feel at home and opening up.
22E07E71-377F-493F-BD87-E73E81F5CC17.jpeg

Please excuse Pennywise!
She feels the need to photobomb every single picture! :p

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back