My new reef

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looks great! Have an updated fts?

Also, can you post a pic of where your hood opens? I'm about to make my own and I'm not sure how I want to make the hinge/door just yet

Last edited:
OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Have an updated fts?

Also, can you post a pic of where your hood opens? I'm about to make my own and I'm not sure how I want to make the hinge/door just yet
541a044450030b24a4daf096d0e292cd.jpg
b66f07472e4189c012be9be88c3d7d62.jpg

My canopy opens up in two ways, the front opens up just to feed and do other small stuff. The top can also be opened upwards so that the whole tank is accessible. If you have any questions PM me and I’ll try to help out any way I can.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
insanely nice!

What do you keep your parameters at? Alk, Calc, Mag, p04 and nitrates?

Also what media are you using in your calcium reactor?

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
insanely nice!

What do you keep your parameters at? Alk, Calc, Mag, p04 and nitrates?

Also what media are you using in your calcium reactor?

I am using TLF reborn, and some type of magnesium supplement that goes into the reactor, I honestly forgot what it was called. I will post my parameters after I test tonight.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank, better upgrade soon haha.

How long was the prior tank(or tanks) running before you transferred all the corals over to this one?

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet tank, better upgrade soon haha.

How long was the prior tank(or tanks) running before you transferred all the corals over to this one?

I've been in the hobby for about 5 years. Here's a vido from my old reef, from a while back.

P.S. for the tang police - I know I have 3 tangs in that tank, those were temporary rescues. I got rid of 2 shortly after getting them.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the hobby for about 5 years. Here's a vido from my old reef, from a while back.

P.S. for the tang police - I know I have 3 tangs in that tank, those were temporary rescues. I got rid of 2 shortly after getting them.
Cool, so some of the corals are 5 years old? I was asking how long had you been growing the corals/running the live rock before transferring to this new tank. Always curious how long the various livestock in systems has been established when viewing great results like yours.

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, so some of the corals are 5 years old? I was asking how long had you been growing the corals/running the live rock before transferring to this new tank. Always curious how long the various livestock in systems has been established when viewing great results like yours.
I think several of my corals are pushing 5 years since I've bought them when I started this hobby. Unfortunately, I just lost one of my oldest corals it was a challice that died a few months ago when I switched to radions. =/

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
541a044450030b24a4daf096d0e292cd.jpg
b66f07472e4189c012be9be88c3d7d62.jpg

My canopy opens up in two ways, the front opens up just to feed and do other small stuff. The top can also be opened upwards so that the whole tank is accessible. If you have any questions PM me and I’ll try to help out any way I can.
OMG...your tank is cram packed full!!! Awesome!!!

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump for the update. what's your feeding schedule and how much? Did you try two part dosing before?

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump for the update. what's your feeding schedule and how much? Did you try two part dosing before?
I try to feed every day, I feed PE mysis only. I use to dose two part, I think one of the first videos on my YouTube channel is my old reef that was purely dosing - calcium chloride, baking soda and Epsom salt. This one is a calcium reactor only reef. I will Record that video soon. :) it’s been a while.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to feed every day, I feed PE mysis only. I use to dose two part, I think one of the first videos on my YouTube channel is my old reef that was purely dosing - calcium chloride, baking soda and Epsom salt. This one is a calcium reactor only reef. I will Record that video soon. :) it’s been a while.

Thanks for the update
How’s tank doing? Get your frag tank set up yet?

OP
OP
Macdaddynick1

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update
How’s tank doing? Get your frag tank set up yet?
Tank is doing good, it can use some tlc, but I’m ready to do some major work on it this weekend. My frag tank is about ready for acros. The only issue I am having is that I have to feed my dendros a lot, just to keep the nutrients up for other Corals. I’ll post a few pictures of that set up as well,

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back