My new SPS Tank

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto,
I see above you use no filter socks, I don't either, but perhaps you can share with us how you keep such a clean tank. As far as the display, it is very clean in appearance, do you have husbandry practices to keep things clean, or do you run sump on the "dirty" side? Thank you for sharing this masterpiece :)
Cheers,

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto,
I see above you use no filter socks, I don't either, but perhaps you can share with us how you keep such a clean tank. As far as the display, it is very clean in appearance, do you have husbandry practices to keep things clean, or do you run sump on the "dirty" side? Thank you for sharing this masterpiece :)
Cheers,
Hi Perry,

Sometimes I run my overflow with filter socks. You always have to clean the display and the sump....dirty is something natural in a closed system like an aquarium

Best Regards

KB5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto.
Great thread and congrats on the tank.
Can I ask what your normal maintenance schedule is on this set up ? Thanks

chopper320

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! The photos are nice too. You said you use an iPhone with no filter, but do you do anything to correct the color? How are you getting such clear photos? Do you adjust your light settings before you shoot the photos?

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have siporax and matrix in my sump, I also have some small bottle with sand

I don´t have a lot of friends here, people don´t like to hear the truth :) When I cut I leave the frag in some store to sell
What’s the point of the small bottles of sand? I can’t see that they would serve any purpose but for pods/worms to hang in...

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Roberto.
Great thread and congrats on the tank.
Can I ask what your normal maintenance schedule is on this set up ? Thanks

Hi,

I do 10% water change monthly and add carbocalcium ( 80ml daily ) plus a little bit of balling ( just to add some mg and traces )

I like the quote : keep as simple as possible

Cheers

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! The photos are nice too. You said you use an iPhone with no filter, but do you do anything to correct the color? How are you getting such clear photos? Do you adjust your light settings before you shoot the photos?

To take the photos I increase the % of white in my hydras to get better photos. I will try my old canon 3Ti for the next round

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People use sand for denitrification, my No3 is always zero here.

Cheers
Well of course however I’m curious why you would have little cups with just 2 inches deep however instead Of an actual bed, which would be much more effective. Sand alone is not the reason your nitrates are zero... cmon man...

Acroguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well of course however I’m curious why you would have little cups with just 2 inches deep however instead Of an actual bed, which would be much more effective. Sand alone is not the reason your nitrates are zero... cmon man...
Sorry to chime in, I think that carbocalcium has also to do a little with that as it acts like a “weaker” carbon dosing. But actually there has to be something else as well :)

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand + Seachem Matrix + Live Rocks + Skimmer + Corals = zero No3.

Just my opinion, but maybe I´m wrong

Cheers

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand + Seachem Matrix + Live Rocks + Skimmer + Corals = zero No3.

Just my opinion, but maybe I´m wrong

Cheers
nobody is saying your wrong so yaaa... zero no3 is easy lol it’s the balance of po4 and no3 that ppl have problems with. High no3 was an issue back in the OLD days, not so much in modern times “friend” ;)

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nobody is saying your wrong so yaaa... zero no3 is easy lol it’s the balance of po4 and no3 that ppl have problems with. High no3 was an issue back in the OLD days, not so much in modern times “friend” ;)

Yes, keep no3 = zero is easy, keep a reef is very easy too, especially today when we have a lot of tools and a lot of knowledge about reefkeeping. Sometimes I can´t understand how people can have so many issues with their tanks.

GHN - BR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update : ( I know, I need better photos :) )

reef-feve-2021.jpg
Really beautiful !!! Following here.

Abraço mestre Denadai.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back