OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wonderful aquarium!

What is the diet of fish? What and how do they feed?

The yellow tang and clownfishes look happy and well-fed despite the absence of algal growth and very good water quality.

Nothing special, just flakes and pellets 2x per day.

Cheers

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After one year : ( same corals, but I changed some corals place )

2.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sure, my sump is super fancy as you can see :)

sump.jpg

sump2.jpg

Hello Roberto, beautiful tank - I have been following your reefs for years. I am modeling my 300 gallon build off of this system.

Looking at the pics of your sump, there doesn't appear to be any mechanical filtration or skimmer sock in your sump. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Nathan

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Roberto, beautiful tank - I have been following your reefs for years. I am modeling my 300 gallon build off of this system.

Looking at the pics of your sump, there doesn't appear to be any mechanical filtration or skimmer sock in your sump. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Nathan

Nice to hear you naterealbig. Yes, you are right, but sometimes I add a shark bag in my overflow

Cheers

reefpizza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is truly awesome, the real "back to basic" some people get lost in fancy stuff don't mind about the real basic stuff.
Pretty curious about your use of 6500k t5, read different research about white light temperature/growt ratio, and some say that a colder white near 20.000k it's better, some (also aquaculturist) say 6500 it work better because similar spectrum to hqi, what you think? I have Coral plus fro ATI ovet my tank (i use them only for the white spectrum leavig the led fixture all the blue stuff) always thinked about try out some 6500... now i have similar to you par levels 450 on top and 200 on bottom. Keep it up!

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is truly awesome, the real "back to basic" some people get lost in fancy stuff don't mind about the real basic stuff.
Pretty curious about your use of 6500k t5, read different research about white light temperature/growt ratio, and some say that a colder white near 20.000k it's better, some (also aquaculturist) say 6500 it work better because similar spectrum to hqi, what you think? I have Coral plus fro ATI ovet my tank (i use them only for the white spectrum leavig the led fixture all the blue stuff) always thinked about try out some 6500... now i have similar to you par levels 450 on top and 200 on bottom. Keep it up!

In the past, I had a blast using HQI ( 6500k to 10.000K )

When I used to run a full T5 tank, I like to mix blue plus and Aquablue special. Coral plus is not white for me :)

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth over time is impressive, and especially for the value of that Yellow Tang.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back