OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do this style on a larger scale. You added coral before fish correct?

any seeding of pods or phyto used early on?
It’s a 5 ft x 5 ft tank.

I started this tank with a big chaeto refugium but after 40 days I took out the chaeto because they start to die.

I added fish in this tank with 10 days and corals with 20 days

I added pods and amphipods in the first week I think

Best Regards

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roberto, I noticed you using some AF products, look forward to seeing how your tank responds. I have 6 years experience with their products and worked closely with Sever and Debora, please reach out to me if you have any questions.
Kind Regards

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys can read the full article ROTM here : https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/r...denadais-beautiful-80-gallon-sps-reef.896226/

Besides thank you guys, I´m so glad that you guys enjoyed this journey with me.

6.jpg

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roberto, I noticed you using some AF products, look forward to seeing how your tank responds. I have 6 years experience with their products and worked closely with Sever and Debora, please reach out to me if you have any questions.
Kind Regards

Some corals got more color and I noticed a lot of growing tips in many sps. I think is because the components strong, just my guess

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some corals got more color and I noticed a lot of growing tips in many sps. I think is because the components strong, just my guess

I currently use AF Pro Bio S, NP Pro, Build, Energy, and Fish V. I do not use balling comp system, due to availability. It works very well in ionic balance and maintaining trace, so growth should be stimulated, as well as colors. I have been increasing with Energy, your corals will love it, feed before lights on, feeder polyps will be crazy when lights come on. I believe the corals also consume Pro Bio S, when dosed. I look forward to seeing how your tank responds!
Regard

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahahaha if you are going through hell, just keep going :)

I'm actually going through a different hell of being tankless right now :loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face::loudly-crying-face: made a cross country move and instead of trying to lug it all (and probably kill half my livestock in the process), I just ended up selling everything off.

But, I like looking at pretty tanks like this, makes me really eager to get back to it ASAP.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That stag on the middle right near the top has some of the best growth formation I have ever seen in such a small tank. And is that a purple Milleporaat the bottom of the left island? If so that’s a gem, I don’t remember seeing many of those recently.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! That stag on the middle right near the top has some of the best growth formation I have ever seen in such a small tank. And is that a purple Milleporaat the bottom of the left island? If so that’s a gem, I don’t remember seeing many of those recently.

Actually is a simple Blue Millepora

Toob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roberto Denadai
I have very much enjoyed reading about your threads, I think I have learned more from them than any others, and your approach really makes sense to me.

One question that I don’t think has been covered elsewhere yet - what were you doing during the first 10 days before fish? You added the pods during this time, anything else? Did you have lights on during this period? Why wait the 10 days at all…?

Thank you!

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roberto Denadai
I have very much enjoyed reading about your threads, I think I have learned more from them than any others, and your approach really makes sense to me.

One question that I don’t think has been covered elsewhere yet - what were you doing during the first 10 days before fish? You added the pods during this time, anything else? Did you have lights on during this period? Why wait the 10 days at all…?

Thank you!

Hi ,

For ten days I just added some food/pellets in the tank. The lights were off. I was waiting because my fish was in quarantine

Cheers

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back