OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friend,

What grain size sand did you use in your tanks from the past? Did you deal with high flow systems blowing the sand around?

FB4AAC71-5C7C-4B20-963A-D980E3140077.jpeg

In this tank, I don´t remember.....was samoa pink but the grains size maybe was 2 or 3. But in this tank the flow was not so strong, one side mp10 and the other tunze blowing the surface

reef80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must be the Roberto everyone is ranting about. Just stopped watching K-Drama to read through all this. Lol.
Simply Amazing!

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Roberto Denadai a pleasure to be in contact with you! could you please explain your process of using bleach on your dry rock before cycling? Thanks in advance buddy :)

Roscovitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roberto Denadai Have you at anytime ever used the product Tropic Marin® Reef Actif in your systems. If so what are your thoughts on it?

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Roberto Denadai Have you at anytime ever used the product Tropic Marin® Reef Actif in your systems. If so what are your thoughts on it?

I used to dose Tropic Marin biocalcium in my old tanks. Reef actif I think they just add some bacterias

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Roberto Denadai a pleasure to be in contact with you! could you please explain your process of using bleach on your dry rock before cycling? Thanks in advance buddy :)

Just bleach for a couple of hours and it´s done. Nothing special. I just did that because my old rocks were full of PO4

Roscovitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious heartbreak that would cause me if that was my work. I trust you’ll be onto a new build when the move is complete Roberto? Brilliant work. Really enjoyed reading this thread and it has taught me a considerable amount regardless of how long I’ve been doing this. (Since 1973) Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious heartbreak that would cause me if that was my work. I trust you’ll be onto a new build when the move is complete Roberto? Brilliant work. Really enjoyed reading this thread and it has taught me a considerable amount regardless of how long I’ve been doing this. (Since 1973) Thanks for sharing.

Part of the journey is the end :)

Roscovitch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a video last month, here you can see more about my reef and my sump. I promise that I will do a video in English next time

Is the bristle tooth tang you had since small and is it a blue eyed Kole? Certainly put on some weight since the start of the build.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the bristle tooth tang you had since small and is it a blue eyed Kole? Certainly put on some weight since the start of the build.

Yes, the same fish. I bought this little guy as a coin size. He was in my FO tank then I move to this one. You can see in the video below my YT, Clownfish, Pseudochomis etc

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

After five years of keeping a Fish Only, I just started a new SPS tank.

This tank has 50 days and I´m keeping my alk and ca just with kalkwasser. In 2 or 3 months I think I will start with balling ( tropic Marin ) plus kalk

My setup is :

2x Hydra 52
1x Hydra 26 HD
2x T5 Blue Plus
2x T5 Coral Plus

Nero5 , Mp40 and Gyre

Viper 3.0

Skimmer octopus 1000

Apex controller and I´m dosing kalk with kamoer.

No3 = 0 ( salifert )
Po4 = 0,03ppm ( Hanna )
Alk = 7,5 ( Hanna )

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is the last video that I did for my youtube channel and I show my sump in this video :

Best Regards

I am going to do this very thing after watching a video on youtube about a tank from Aquariums by Design. Lots of negative space simple coral, and small fish. Very nice start want to see more in the future. Thanks for sharing

Ugin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished reading through the entire thread, this is a very nice tank!

Question. Assuming I didn't miss a comment here or there, did you use any cycled media/seeded media from your prior tanks or friends?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished reading through the entire thread, this is a very nice tank!

Question. Assuming I didn't miss a comment here or there, did you use any cycled media/seeded media from your prior tanks or friends?

Thanks!

I just used dry / bleached rocks to start

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back