OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Roberto - what's your perspective on dosing in smaller SPS heavy tanks (e.g., under 40 gallons)? I'm looking for a simple dosing system - and looking at carbocalcium or kalkwasser. I have minor concerns about clogged dosing lines.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences here - love the simplicity of your systems.
Go with all for reef or / and carbocalcium. If your magnesium starts to rise too much, dose for example 50% all for reef and 50% carbocalcium, or 40%/60% , 30%/70% what is best for your tank to keep ca, alk and mg

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with all for reef or / and carbocalcium. If your magnesium starts to rise too much, dose for example 50% all for reef and 50% carbocalcium, or 40%/60% , 30%/70% what is best for your tank to keep ca, alk and mg
Perfect - that's what I have mapped out. Let's see how this goes :)

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Just a random pic that I took today with white bulbs only ( natural look )

white.jpg

Madonia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this. Love your tanks man! Been an admirer of your skills since i first saw your tank years back with xm 10k I believe. Is this your first led tank???

Your natural coloration, clean style and ability to color these wild fragments is awesome!

Newer reefers here need to keep an eye on this tank and learn how it’s done. There are many ways to keep tanks and he has this method nailed down! I really hope you keep the nice bright pastel colors on this tank and hope you have good luck with the leds!

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Just a random pic that I took today with white bulbs only ( natural look )

white.jpg
Huge fan of your tank. One of my absolute favourites. How to you clean your BB and keep it so clean? I bit the bullet and bought a Aquamedic mega mag that is strong enough to clean my BB through the bottom tank glass and cabinet. Works really well.

OP
OP
Roberto Denadai

Roberto Denadai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge fan of your tank. One of my absolute favourites. How to you clean your BB and keep it so clean? I bit the bullet and bought a Aquamedic mega mag that is strong enough to clean my BB through the bottom tank glass and cabinet. Works really well.

I use a toothbrush and sometimes an algae scraper. Nothing fancy :)

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Roberto Denadai . I'm starting up a new system (SPS goals) and super-intrigued by your use of a refugium from day 1, along with corals early on. Indeed, this goes against some of the prevailing winds in the hobby. Aside from finding biodiverse live rock, do you think this is crucial to your success? Many thanks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back